1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want as our starting point guard now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Jul 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. devin23

devin23 Member

Who would you want as our starting point guard now? We have 4 legit pg in Francis, James, Rafer, Brooks. Of course rafer maybe traded, but this poll is just going to include him to see what everyone's ideal starting pg would be now.

2. Omer

Omer Member

Francis with James off the bench and Brooks getting some minutes.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Steve Francis in recent video: "I want to play, I'm gonna play."

Franchise for starting PG of the 2007-2008 Houston Rockets!

4. JD317²

JD317² Member

I'll take francis.
    james off the bench

rafer is probably gone

5. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Everyone exaggerates how well Rafer takes care of the ball. I vote for francis, with james off the bench.

6. RoxandRex

RoxandRex Member

Still I will choose Rafer to be our starting point guard and James will be the second.. we can put francus as the back-up for T-mac

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I'd rather have Francis at the backup 2.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I voted James; I want Steve to start at SG and TMac at SF.

9. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SF3 as a starter will draw fouls. That's his game ... cut to the rack and draw the foul.

Not as effective as a backup. Not effective taking jump shots.

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Rafer and James should play the lion's share of the minutes at the one (with Rafer never on the floor without Yao), with Stevie as a late-inning defensive replacement. Steve should get most of his minutes at the two.

11. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I agree with everyone who says Rafer should start. He is the only true point we have, he does not have to shoot as much any more, and he was the main distributor for the past two seasons.

Chemistry is good and the guy does not turn over the ball much, if he starts stinking up the joint like he does quite often when he plays 40+ minutes a game, well then now we have the luxury this year to put in one of three other solid options. I would be dissapointed if the Rockets chose Rafer the odd point guard out.

I like Steve mainly as a backup 2 when Yao is not in or him and James could backup the 1 and 2. Which pretty much means no minutes what so ever for Luther Head, and Lucas III seems to be a goner already.

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I said Francis, but that's mostly just because I love the guy... honestly, James or Rafer (assuming he doesn't get traded) would probably be better choices to start, so Stevie can come in and create offense when T-Mac's out.

But heck, ya can't really go wrong.

13. WNBA

WNBA Member

SF is all heart. That's enough to start.

14. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

I want Francis at the backup 2. The thought of him at the 1 makes me :(

15. Hemotivo

Hemotivo Member

me too

16. tsunami

tsunami Member

Then we should trade Battier. It's a waster if we only want him to defend other teams' bench rather than their stars.

17. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Jesus Christ who here still votes Rafer?

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I didn't vote. It'll sound like a copout, but whoever plays the position best as the starter, within Adelman's system, should start. I think Alston will be gone, myself, but we have who we have. What's so exciting about what's happened so far is simply watching it play out. Damned exciting!

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

The plot has certainly thickened. I mean this sincerely, IMO this team could be in the WCF or deteroiate into a mess. Adelman will likely get coach of the year or be replaced. My vote is WCF and COY. If this team gels and there are no significant injuries they will be scary.

20. Navman

Navman Member

Mike James. Simple choice for the obvious fact that he is a longball shooter. With him in the starting unit, he and Shane are huge threats from the arc and keep spacing honest on the floor. Francis coming off the bench would provide instant offense and primary playmaker for the 2nd unit.