1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DC as a backup C?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kayman, Aug 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

It looks like Detroit is going to waive DC. DC knows basketball, if he still wants to play we should go after him...

2. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Derrick Coleman.

4. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

coleman is underacheiving player and a cancer in the locker room

no thanks on him

5. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Derrick Coleman and Jeff Van Gundy? Yeah, that would work

6. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

DC is old, injury prone and lazy, however, when compared to what's out there: the Przibilas, Mihms and Rebracas of the world, I would take him in a heartbeat...

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

No, no, no, no, no!

I've had to watch this fat, unmotivated, disinterested blob for six seasons (mercifully seperated by a three year stint with Charlotte). He has a bad attitude, is never is shape, doesn't play ANY defense, pays no attention to the coach, and to top it all off his considerable talent has all but completely diminshed. DC is done.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I heard Chris Washburn was available too.

9. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Sorry, I have to remind you I am available too. Sign me!!!

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I know Coleman didn't live up to expectations, but comparing him to Washburn is pretty unfair. Coleman was a productive player and has lasted this long in the NBA. Washburn is the epitome of bust in every sense of the word.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

So DC's available? "Whoop de damn do."

12. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Coleman just got traded to Detroit, and Larry Brown is about the only coach to get him to put forth any effort. The pistons aren't going to waive him - they're going to use him. He's got as much talent as anybody in the league...he just smokes too much weed.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Coleman, for his career has averaged 16 and 9, and that's with the latter 8 years out of 14 being dissappointing. Including that was just two seasons ago averaging 7 boards off the bench in 74 games. If he was available for the year on the cheap, he would be worth it. Its better than nothing, which is what we currently have, and I don't think is going to change going into the season.