1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NOTHING is wrong with Rocket fans @ Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 21, 2007.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the Houston Rockets newbies.
    anyone who's watched the Rockets and gone to games knows that:

1. Rocket fans are frugal with their money, we only pay for a good product. That goes for the Rockets AND THE OTHER TEAM they play
    if I had $300 bucks to go to the game, would I go see the Rockets play the Mavs/Spurs/Lakers or do we throw down on the Bucks/Bobcats/Pacers?

2. Corporations have ALWAYS had a huge majority of Tickets. Why is Toyota Center in the middle of downtown and near all those huge business buildings with lawyers and oil company execs? oh its also next to those expensive hotels too!
    wow!

3. Despite some of us here on clutchfans, the majority of Rocket fans are normal. We dont throw batteries at hated players. We dont protest our team (see Detroit Lions). We dont want to fire every coach (Knicks) even thou the JVG thread is a billion long. We dont go to the game just to hang with celebrities (Laker fan). This is just the way its been forever!

4. HDTVs. Some people who do not wish to drop $1300 on the Rockets vs a scrub team, can root for their team (yes watching TV counts cause the Rockets/NBA get tons of $$$ from networks/advertisers) by watching it on their sweet 720p or 1080p 50inch TVs. regardless of the number of "The Closer" and annoying John Cougar mellencamp Chevy commercials.

So if you are still not happy about Toyota center attendance vs Crap Teams,
    I've got more news for you.

Fish swim
    Umbrellas are made to block rain
    Cars have 4 wheels
    Kleenex is tissue paper
    Uncles are your brothers of your parents

2. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Well, while you bring up some excellent points, people here on Clutchfans may not like them. Lol

But, the bottomline is that the arena is horrible in terms of fan enthusiasm and atmosphere/energy at times (I hesitate to say most of the time). No matter what reasons you give to explain/justify it, that is NOT how it should be. Period. When you see Dallas or Sacramento at home, you know what I mean. I sometimes look at their home games and hope that the Toyota Center will be like that during the regular season one day (hopefully sooner rather than later).

It is totally a different arena during the playoffs though. Anyone who went during the 2004-2005 playoffs can attest to that.

#2 JusBleezy, Mar 21, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  3. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I don't know why people were complaining about the crowd last night. Sure it wasn't a sellout and there were a noticeable number of empty seats, but the place was still fairly loud, and anyone who was actually at the game rather than parked on their couch trying to observe the population of section 124 actually knows that last night's game was a LOT of fun despite the poor play of the Rockets. The fans were cheering, rowdies were rocking, and you just got the sense that we were in control of the game from start to finish, even when the Pacers managed to get the lead. You should've seen the place go nuts after that Luther behind-the-back dribble. Too bad he blew the layup.

Every game isn't going to be a sellout crowd. There have been times when the Toyota center was fuller than this and it was MUCH quieter. It IS getting better. I'm willing to bet some of these whiners probably haven't even been to a single home game this season.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

5. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

I was expecting a picture of the Iraqi Minister of Information

6. tinman

Supporting Member

specifically for the Pacer game complaint.

both teams shot less than 40% and combined for 30 turnovers.

i imagine the enthusiasm rivaled that of the debut of the next Guns N Roses album

7. tinman

Supporting Member

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not true. my dad's sister's husband is my uncle!!!

i am probably go out on a limb and guarantee the TC will be packed for the playoffs when it will matter the most

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Exactamungo!

boo hoo, corporations paid for those tickets and those dudes didnt show up
    boo hoo.

guess what? corporations pay for Tmac and Yao being here!

you dont have to be a corporate clone to pass up the Indiana Pacers.

Give me the playoffs now!

10. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

You're absolutely right. It will be unbelievable. I plan to go to AT LEAST 2 of the games! ;)

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You could have made your argument in either or both of those threads. This is redundant and a waste of space. But, you get more attention by starting your own thread. Please post an attention-w****-pic of your choosing.

12. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

Or better yet, a picture of Vernon Maxwell

13. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. tinman

Supporting Member

this is an original thread defending the fans that attend Toyota Center and the ones who chose not to go. Its not my fault other people freak out that Reliant Energy season employees and their clients decided to go karoake singing instead of watching the Pacer game.

its not my fault the same people who cry about not seeing enough fans are the same ones who just wait after the game to follow Yao or JVG home some they can hang with their parents.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You said nothing is wrong with the fans. Then you posted a bunch of reasons describing what is wrong with the fans. I've got news for you...

Red is a color
    Bunnies mean Easter
    Snails are slow
    etc

16. tinman

Supporting Member

grasshopper,
    the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Its nothing is wrong with fans @ (this means AT ) Toyota Center
    what they do OUTSIDE Toyota Center is their choice.

Many
    Americans
    X-Men,
    Women,
    Easily
    Love
    Luther Head

17. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Dude this is not a personal attack on you or anybody else.

We're saying Houstonians are bad NBA fans, we're not saying they're bad people.

And there's nothing wrong with frugal fans. It's very smart for people to take care of basic necessities instead of going to a basketball game and spending unnecessary money.

However, the fans that DO go, are not very enthusiastic. That's all

I don't know the reasons for the pathetic atmosphere at the arena, but whatever those reasons are, they're not conducive to helping the team

18. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We do have some bad fans here in Houston. Come on now other arenas sure support their team regardless of who they're playing. So saying there's nothing wrong with our fans is a bunch of crap.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

is this all because the Pacer game on TNT?
    is more of the embarassment of that or when we play every other team?
    If its a consistent atmosphere even against our rivals like the Mavs or Spurs, then that's a problem. if its just attendance, then I dont think that's a problem cause nobody wants to see them play some suckers.

20. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

LOL :D