1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Do you not know what a "?" means? For being the most annoying grammar nazi on here, you seem to not understand basic punctuation. I asked a question. I didn't offer a prediction. Im concerned about there inability to put 2 good games together. It's a valid concern since you no, they haven't done that in month's.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

$(*&@#$)(*&

Their* inability was with different players and a different strategy.

Why would you ask if it's a loss instead of just saying out right: "I hope they do not lose 3-0" or asking directly "do you all think like the pessimist in me that we will lose 3-0?"? What are you afraid of in hoping they win 3-0 instead?

3-0 WIN?

^ Be confident in this new team! I enjoy how you attack me directly for my personal preferences, and avoid talking about supporting WINs for our team. I try to avoid telling people what to do , but... please: quit your pessimistic crap, man. :rolleyes:

3. leroy

This is my 50th post in this thread. Many have been positive. All have been realistic. You haven't proved me wrong in the slightest. They have been horribly inconsistent. They'll follow up a great win with a similarly spectacular loss. It's happened on multiple occasions this season.

I'm happy for the win on Saturday. It's a great win over a good team and in the division. I didn't get a chance to watch it. All accounts I've heard is that we played really well and it was helped that LA just wore down from the heat in the 2nd half...especially Gerrard.

I'm excited to see the new players and the returning players get a chance to work together. I'm just not going to harbor any illusions that it's going to click right away. Plus, until the central defense is fixed, every game is more unpredictable than it should be.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Life in these threads is so much more enjoyable with him on ignore.

5. Beavis Stiffler

The MLS All-Stars defeated Tottenham Hotspur, 2-1.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CW_WdibOXKY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My opinion, I think they should go back to a "East vs. West" conference format because this league is getting good talented players every season.

6. Beavis Stiffler

7. Beavis Stiffler

Dammit:mad:

Bruin should've kick that ball when he had the 1-on-1 opportunity.

8. Beavis Stiffler

:mad: :eek: Ugh, no.

Another blown opportunity by Bruin. That's two missed shots on goal from him.

9. Beavis Stiffler

Too many missed goal-scoring chances for the Dynamo. They could at least get 2 goals and be up leading this game.

I think coach Coyle should have put Cubo in the starting 11 and now it looks like Cubo will replace Bruin in the 2nd half.

Also, I can't stand Sporting KC's Dwyer flopping/diving.

10. Beavis Stiffler

Rico Clark scores and ties it 1-1.

11. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cMzPQirkfOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Beavis Stiffler

[​IMG]

13. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">1-0 !!!! Let's go Dynamo!!!! <a href="http://t.co/mk06svjjhc">pic.twitter.com/mk06svjjhc</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/630202226191929344">August 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DMo at the Dynamo game

14. Beavis Stiffler

Big win for the Dynamo as they are now 1 point behind the Seattle Sounders for the 6th and final playoff spot in the West.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5HIEEOr_bOg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w38RVp1---o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. leroy

Good win. I hope to see more of that Beasley...the one that makes those dangerous runs down the left. That creates so much havoc but it doesn't seem like it's been utilized nearly enough.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Boniek scores in the 40th minute.....Dynamo have looked terrible but they are somehow ahead 1-0

Bruin actually makes a smart play to create that goal, I'm shocked

17. Beavis Stiffler

Will Bruin scored a goal for the Dynamo. Now they're up 2-0 against Portland.

I thought the Dynamo was caught with a handball in the box but the referee no-call it.

Remember, if you watch soccer long enough, a two-goal lead is not safe.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What a bunch of chumps

ends in a 2-2 draw

19. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Why is Cubo still coming off the bench at the 70-75th minute of the match? This makes no sense to me.

20. Beavis Stiffler

The coaches said that he's "not in shape" or "they are bringing him on slowly to gain back his fitness."

I don't believe it. There's gotta be a time that they have to take risks and chances since they are in the middle of a playoff chase. The time is now to start Cubo and pair him up with Bruin and Barnes (when he's healthy).