1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GOP Contenders Embrace Criminal Justice Reform

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Ask Bill Clinton because he started the private prison system boom... He was even nice enough to pass the crime bill to help feel up those prisons.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Excuse me... Fill up.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Like you for example, based on your posting history I think you're a paranoid tea party birther. Declarations you make contrary to that are irrelevant.

4. Major

Major Member

5. Remii

Remii Member

So because Clinton said "My Bad" that's supposed to make everything okay Mr. Major...?

And Mr. Major, why do liberals have men like Mr. Rocket believe that the republicans are responsible for that shyt...?

6. Major

Major Member

Did I say that? Can you read?

Probably because, in general, the GOP has made their name as the "tough on crime" party and has been the party that has continued to push for tougher sentencing and less focus on rehabilitation, while the Dems have been much more about prison and sentencing reform after realiizing the mistakes of the 1994 bill. When one party supports a policy, generally they get the credit/blame for it.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Until we move from away from a justice system centered around retribution and punishment and instead focus on safety and rehabilitation, we're gonna stay on this treadmill indefinitely.

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

It is the label that someone has convinced you must apply to anyone who doesn't 100% toe the conservative line. People like you are the reason I don't vote Republican anymore. The first presidential election I voted in saw me cast a ballot for GHWB, unfortunately the GOP has done nothing but get crazier and less attached to reality since then. I'd prefer to vote Republican, but I just can't do so as long as that party sees facts as less important than ideology.

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

California, hardly a stronghold of the Republican party, has as part of the penal code section 1170. Therein the legislature, though allowing for programming of a rehabilitative character, declared that the purpose of imprisonment was punishment. The American people want criminals to be punished for their crimes. Rehabilitation is a nice secondary goal, but they have to pay for what they have done.

10. Remii

Remii Member

Funny how you try to use the liberal jedi mind trick of asking me "if I can read" to try to tap dance away from answering a simple "yes or no" question...

Remember what I told you Major... Two wings on the same dirty bird.

Malcolm was right about most of you liberals.

As long as you have a government that doesn't abide by and or does the opposite of The Prime Law there will always be issues.

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

California state government has been heavily influenced and directed by republicans. Democrats are the majority, but quirky legislative rules have given the republican minority undue influence in extracting concessions from the dems. It is a reason our state is so screwy and its policies appear so schizophrenic. Just an FYI....

Anyway it goes, all this political party team bull**** is the bane of US politics. Each party has earned a rep and the story is one guy moving against the usual politics.

Y'all can continue slinging poo. Go home team!!

12. Major

Major Member

You can keep saying random things like this, but it doesn't make any of it true. It seems this is your standard fallback when you can't actually make any arguments on merits - just blame everyone. It's stupid and, frankly, just uneducated.

13. Remii

Remii Member

Blame everyone...??? I specifically brought up Bill Clinton's name in my response to Rocket... And I specifically posted a link to a Malcolm X's speach (on the 1st page of this thread) and he's specifically warning people about a specific group.

All you did was post some irrelevant bu77shyt half azz apology by Clinton... And liberals like you parade it around so the same minorities who voted for him will be foolish enough to vote for his chick.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

But not so much about Dr. Yakub cloroxing blacks to make all other races, and some whites turning into monkeys when they tried to make themselves black again.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Yes and it has been pointed out to him by a number of posters but he just deflects and throws out some absurd statement and digs his heels in.

Either you accept it and find his posting odd and entertaining or block him. While I don't agree with him about 80% of the time he is still interesting and offers a different perspective than the usual Bigtexxx, CometsWin and sJackson opinions held on this board.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Do you have anything to point out where I'm wrong about the democratic party and black folks... Or are you just showing up to bytch...?