1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Chandler Parsons Untouchable?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketboi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Was tonights game the exclamation point and made him the only untouchable Rocket. He has been improving as the season goes on and I see him in our future.

2. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

So if we were offered Durant, Lebron, Dwight you wouldnt trade Parsons?

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Nope :)

4. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

When the f*** is that ever going to happen?

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I doubt we could ever get fair market value for him, so I don't think he would ever get traded.

2 people like this.
  6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

" we will certainly be watching his young career with great interest"..........darth sidious

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This said it all.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

No not straight but what if the final piece to make a Dwight Howard deal is Parsons you do it. Which makes Parsons tradeable. I doubt he would ever get traded straight up because his best part of his game is his defense. Teams undervalue defense which means we won't get equal value back for him.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Nobody is untouchable on this team in a trade for a superstar... but I do think it would be very tough to match his value in a trade that doesn't include a star.

He's just a special kind of player.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all guys said the same things about Brooks, Landry, and Budinger for crying out loud. I like Parson's game, but c'mon already.

1 person likes this.
  11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This time he is untradeable because he would be undervalued. So it is less likely Morey ever trades him away for nearly nothing back in return. Until he gets rid of that 2nd round draft pick stigma with a low ceiling to improve.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

No thanks to the Howard rental. Plus, Lebron only signs 3 year deals.

13. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Guys, you're killing the hyperbole, without which we would never have new threads.

Isn't my point of view.... EXTREME

14. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

The problem is that all of the guys you mentioned were ALL offense and no D. Those guys are replaceable. Parsons has already become one of the best defenders I've seen in the NBA. Add that to his skills with ball, dribblin through the lane, passing. He has to work on his shot, and normally I am ripping on guys that are bad shooters, but with everything else he gives you I am willing to be patient with that.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Um, Brooks was the only one who got this much hype, esp. during his MIP year. He deserved it back then too, outplayed all pgs he came across during a stretch including Deron Williams.

Difference between Parsons and Brooks is, Parsons isn't undersized and can contribute even when his shot wasn't falling. Dude's a beast pure and simple, and I think he's our long term starter at the sf spot and a future All star in talent, if not in votes.

16. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Only for a star. Reason being is he provides supreme value at under $1 million for the next 3 years and is an improving shooter and premier defender.

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

nonsense....

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nope.

Glue guy hustle players are not untouchable. Let Rudy Gay be your lesson

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

worst thread ever

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Of course not...but he's the perfect guy to have next to a star or two, so you would exhaust every other option possible in an attempt to keep him. I'm not sure I'd trade him if the trade wasn't a sure thing for us, mainly because he's still improving and it's difficult to say exactly what his ceiling is.