1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Are you denying what he's saying? It's laughable how much Madrid can spend when half the money they're spending isn't even their's to begin with.

1 person likes this.
  2. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

EPL needs to watch their bunghole. We just signed Ben Davies (finally, a LB) and Michael Vorm in exchange for Gylfi Sigurdsson and cash. I like it.

COYS.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'm sure the Madrid comments aren't what he cared about. I believe rox1 has more of an issue with the Barcelona and general La Liga comments that were made.

4. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Madrid has been doing this since I can remember, nothing new here.

What he said ^^;)

5. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Which players are you referring to?

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Ideally, Illarramendi and Isco. But they're both Spanish. They already let go of Morata and either Lopez or Casillas. So, to recoup some money and to not lose anymore Spanish players they'll probably sell Khedira or Di Maria or maybe even both.

Either way, they can't keep Alonso, Modric, Di Maria, Khedira, Isco, Illarramendi, Kroos, and James. That's 8 players for effectively 3 midfield positions cause there's no way Bale, Benzema, and Ronaldo don't start every important game. Bale and Ronaldo because they're just better than everyone else, and Benzema cause they have no one else to play striker.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Despite Klopp saying Hummels is not for sale, would a Kagawa plus cash deal sound enticing?

As good as Kagawa is, he has not fit in well at United and with Mata there, he kinds of become redundant. Kind of like Jeremy Lin at the Rockets.

By all accounts and judging from pre season 7-0 trashing of LA Galaxy, United are going to line up 3-5-2 something like this:

-----------------De Gea----------------
    -------Jones----(Hummels)-----Evans-------
    Valencia----------------------------Shaw
    --------------Herrera---(Vidal)----------
    -----------------Mata------------------
    -----------RVp-----------Rooney---------

Hummels and Vidal would complete this team.

Back to the point, Kagawa is pretty much fighting for the same spot as Mata and perhaps Januzaj. I don't see many minutes for him.

1 person likes this.
  8. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

You're right in that they have too many midfielders... Di Maria and Khedira will be gone, of that I'm certain. I see Lopez leaving rather than Casillas simply because the latter has been their icon for over 10 years now. Illaramendi and Isco aren't going anywhere, at least not this transfer season.

I'm thinking they go with the classic 4-2-3-1 or with how they finished playing last season, 4-3(2)-3.

4-3(2)-3- something like this..

[​IMG]

or 4-2-3-1- like this..
    [​IMG]

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

10. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Drogba has returned home!

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I have directv, is there a channel I can get to watch La liga games, or at least the Barcelona matches?

12. smr6

smr6 Member

Maybe beIN sports? I'm not 100% if they show La Liga though.

13. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Bein will show all the Barca games.. In the US, They have rights to La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Copa del Rey, and lots of international matches. Definitely a must have for fĂștbol fans in the States. 620 and 426 on Dish!

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Awesome, thanks guys.

1 person likes this.
  15. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

No problem ^^

Griezman to Atleti, great signing.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think we will have fun with Lewandowski at Bayern this year ;).

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/M0g3H79vi7l/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Liverpool now targeting ERRBODY from Southampton. Soon we will be Liverpool Saints.

Not too thrilled about our offseason signings thus far, but oh well... could be worse. I do wonder if we will ever sign a real big name. My thoughts are... not while Rodgers is boss. He likes them underrated system players.

18. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Love the Mangala signing by Man City...it might take him a couple seasons to become an elite defender....but he's a great compliment to Kompany. I expect ManCity to make some damage in the Champions League this year.

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

De Vrij is going to Lazio Roma. TO bad I would have liked for him to go to Man U. On the other hand Italy is a great place te develop you defensive skills.

Feyenoord will have a totally new team next year (Pele, Martins Indi, Janmaat and now De Vrij are gone).

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Surprising news. De Vrij will witness the waning years of champ Miroslav Josef Klose.