1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brennan Williams waived

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

So the Texans should have known Quessenberry was going to have Lymphoma 14 months before he started showing any symptoms? Or that he would break his foot last year?

There were questions surrounding Brennan Williams health when we drafted him, but that was about his shoulder. He had a torn labrum that forced him to cut short his senior season at UNC. But the injury that led to the microfracture surgery didn't happen until rookie minicamp last year.

Sometimes people just get injured and there's no way predict or prevent it.

2. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of the things I've notice so far with this regime is they're not going to put up with people being out of shape. I do like this new attitude towards not putting up with crap that we've seen go on with the likes of coach Kubes.

As someone mentioned earlier, I can't believe Rick Smith is still here. He's the one piece I thought that should have been let go.

3. Remii

Remii Member

And the crazy part is that the 2013 draft might be better than this year's draft.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To be fair, which obviously isn't your goal here, but the verdict is still out on Griffin. The guy made some great plays and has a lot of great tools.

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

WTF are you talking about? This year's draft was far and beyond better. There will be more than 3 draftees playing a down in GAME 1. Not to mention we got ranked way up there if not at the top for draft class.

I swear sometimes I think you just post things to be negative and/or go against the grain. Is it because you actually feel this way? Or are you one of those ppl that likes to see the world as grey and the glass half empty so that when color shows through and someone fills the glass you get to be more excited than you would have been.

6. Granville

Granville Member

Brennan should impromptu sing at the Catalina Wine Mixer. That alone would turn his fortunes around.

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Boats and Hoes!

8. macho87

macho87 Member

How?

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

Should have gotten in shape.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Why is everyone crapping on Williams about being out of shape? Is there anything that states that is why he was cut, and not because of his, you know, career-threatening knee condition that he had micro-fracture surgery on last year?

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Probably because it says he was waived with a "failed physical" designation and people automatically associate that with being fat and out of shape. But yeah, he had microfracture surgery which cost him his season. He wasn't able to participate in OTA's. So I assume that means that his knee hasn't been able recover and the Texans have decided to move on.

12. Remii

Remii Member

1. Rick Smith is still the GM.

2. The Texans still pulled 2 starters out of the 2013 draft class and many fans think highly of Nuk and DJ.

3. As of now _ Clowney is standing on the sideline holding his growing, Nix has health issues as well, Xavier may not beat out the 2 guards in front of him and the same could be said for CJ. And even if the entire 2014 draft class touches the field _ what difference will it make if they're not any good...

4. See point #1

But as I said it "MIGHT" not be better... Time will tell.

13. 45souf

45souf Member

As bad as it may seem for us, We are still miles ahead of Dallas.so we have that ;)

14. Remii

Remii Member

Yes sir. I actually feel that way. Good thing is how I feel doesn't effect your life.

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Lol fair enough.. better than you being the other way.. cant stand ppl that that just mope around and never let their hopes get up because they would rather be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed.. doesnt seem like a fun way to go.

anyways, to each their own.. I for one think this draft class (you are correct on worrying about injury but barring that) will heavily surpass last years. Not only will they have more starters, but I believe some of these players will develop into key pieces for the future.

Im also excited about a few of the undrafted... mainly Max Bullough. though it doesnt count as "part of this draft class" I think he was an awesome find and was overlooked for something I believe was unrelated to football.

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Eh other teams have bad drafts also.

49ers 2012 Draft:

A.J Jenkins
    Lamichael James
    Joe Looney
    Darius Flemings
    Trenton Robinson
    Jason Slowey
    Cam Johnson

None of those players are good at all.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Someone's a short-seller on the Texans this year.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Rick Smith needs to go... yet he hangs on like a bad case of pubic crabs...

On a positive note, Bob McNair HAS to be getting old... this cannot continue forever.

19. Buck Turgidson

Nothing new. You could change 9/10 of his posts to "generic remii post" and not notice the difference.

20. Buck Turgidson

Was just saying that we've now recently lost 2 young promising 3rd round OT's to career-ending injuries before their careers really got started.