1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unofficial Texans' off season thread for 2014.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Raven, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Quote is perfect here....

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think they want him in 2015 which has always been the problem.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He's already been paid for what he's done. Handsomely, I might add.

4. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

The 2013 Texans Highlight Show will be shown on NFL Network this Friday at 7:00pm. It'll repeat at 11:00pm if you miss it the first time. Not sure if ABC13 will also show it, but it should be up on the Texans website after the airings.

The annual highlight show used to be called NFL Yearbook but I don't think they use that term anymore.

I know there's not many highlights from last year, so after the first two games I reckon it'll be a lot of forward looking stuff. The subtitle of the show is called Recharge, so that should give an idea that they'll focus on the future instead of the past.

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Awesome, thanks man.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What's airing at 7:02?

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YD0KAmFkT_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/asRDbQAZIsE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7shZvnUjyro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think they can squeeze that into a minute, so "Cheeseburgers and Purple Drank: The Jamarcus Russel Story", won't have to be pre-empted.

8. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Check that. They aired the 2014 Texans Preview Show instead.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

It'll be on TV (ABC or CBS...I can't recall) on Sunday. The highlight show.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Saw Clowney on an interview show today. Wow, he looks so small, like he has lost weight. He never looked like his "numbers" even before today.

11. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

That's what NFL Films does for teams that suck. They mainly skip the previous year and focus on the coming year. That's what I said would happen in my earlier post.

There's another preview show called Texans Reloaded: A New Era that will air on ABC13 at 11:00pm tonight. That show is totally different from the NFL Films produced show that aired Friday night.

I'm hoping both shows will be posted on the Texans website soon.

12. Fantasma Negro

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/21/texans-tackle-brennan-williams-fails-physical/
    O'Brien ain't playing no games. I hope they're just trying to shock him into getting with the program and they bring him back. If not Eric Winston is available...

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

TEXANS PLACE THREE ON THE PUP TO OPEN CAMP

The Houston Texans have announced they have placed Brian Cushing, Louis Nix III and Trevardo Williams on the PUP list top open the 2014 training camp. The rookies reported to training camp today, and designations for the upcoming camp were handed out landing these three on the PUP list.

Cushing was coming off of a leg injury that put him out for the season in 2013 and is expected to be brought back slowly for the upcoming season. He did not participate in any offseason practices and there should be little rush to get him back to the field until he is completely healthy.

Williams has struggled to stay on the field and he missed his entire rookie season with a foot injury that landed him on the injured reserve. The outside linebacker practiced a few days during mini-camp, but has been unable to practice due to an undisclosed injury.

Nix dealt with a knee injury during OTAs, but this one comes as a mystery on why he was placed on the PUP list. Nix was drafted 3rd round out of Notre Dame and was considered the best nose tackle coming out in the NFL Draft.

With the three being placed on the PUP list, all three can come off the list at any time before the season starts.

15. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Texans sign Lawrence Sidbury and Quentin Groves.
    Both OLB's - Sidbury was drafted 4th round by Falcons in 2009.
    Groves has potential as a pure pass rusher. He was drafted by Jags in the second round of the 2008 draft.

16. 45souf

45souf Member

Guard Cody white Tears Achilles in practice today

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*sigh*

no More Injuries please

Rocket River

18. 45souf

45souf Member

Per Profootballtalk:

The Texans haven’t expressed any concern that the hamstring injury that kept running back Arian Foster out of practice on Monday is a big deal, but they have made a move to make sure they aren’t left short at the position in the event things develop in a different way.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans have signed running back Tim Cornett. Cornett signed with the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent this spring, but didn’t last long on the roster in Arizona. Cornett finished his collegiate career as UNLV’s all-time leading rusher and will compete with Dennis Johnson and Alfred Blue for a roster spot behind Foster and Andre Brown.

The Texans also signed offensive tackle Mike Farrell, who played for Texans head coach Bill O’Brien at Penn State. He spent time with the Broncos and Steelers in 2013.

Houston cleared room on the roster for the new arrivals by releasing linebacker Ricky Sapp and making procedural moves with injured guard Cody White and wide receiver Alan Bonner. White tore his Achilles and Bonner injured his leg during training camp practices.

19. Remii

Remii Member

Welcome home Tim...!!! Hope the kid can make the team.