1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game News] Fallout 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 2, 2015.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I started a thread about this a year ago but it turned out to be a really good elaborate hoax. Today we have the real deal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PleaseStandBy?src=hash">#PleaseStandBy</a> <a href="http://t.co/ChhE4rZ9GM">http://t.co/ChhE4rZ9GM</a> <a href="http://t.co/3NefHBcYU7">pic.twitter.com/3NefHBcYU7</a></p>&mdash; BethesdaGameStudios (@BethesdaStudios) <a href="https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/605744940006670337">June 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Haha, I was just about to post this!

My body is ready

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would have preferred Elder Scrolls 6 because I like that series just a tad bit more, but this is great. It's been a long time coming. Can't wait.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hopefully ESO convinced Bethesda to give up on MMOs.
    I wanted Elder Scrolls 6 and they gave us that disgusting MMO bs.

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Put at least 500 hours into Fallout 3. Super excited!

6. percicles

They hired a senior Destiny designer and spent a ton a money on the MMO so I don't think a ES6 will be coming out for a while. Especially with the console version supposedly being better.

I just want a new engine tbh.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Can't wait. I've never actually owned a Fallout game. I played 3 and New Vegas via GameFly, but I'm ready to buy 4 and really immerse myself in the game world.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

My body has never been more ready.

Between this and Arkham Knight the PS4 upgrade is finally something I have to do.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Just started playing 3 recently, I don't play a ton of video games. It is a great game. I don't like it quite as much as TES, but it's still a great series. Can't wait.

10. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

New Vegas was the last video game I played. I might have to come out of retirement for this.

1 person likes this.
  11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

What platform do you guys plan on using?

I've been holding out on upgrading my PC exactly because of this.

Also, I'm definitely pre-ordering

12. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Still haven't bought a current gen yet. Unless you consider Wii U current.

I'll probably pick up a PS4 soon. Need to play Bloodbourne, Witcher 3 and now this.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

PC.
    I'm hoping a 970 will be enough to run on max settings, 60fps.

Bethesda games have never been too demanding, I hope that remains the case..

14. percicles

Getting a PS4. May wait till black friday for nice bundle. There was a LofU bindle that had a year sub for the PSN included a week ago on Amazon. I should've bought that.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

That guy is back? You don't say

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'v owned all the gaming systems, all the xbox's, playstations, gamesboys, psp's and even the wii. I have played hundreds of games over the last 10 or so years growing up and I can say with certainty that fallout 3 was without a doubt the best game I have ever played, by far my most favorite. I played fallout 3 for a year straight without much interruption and loved every minute of it, the wasteland was glorious and that game brings back such awesome memories of the experience that game was for me.

What i'm trying to say is, im prettying ****ing pumped for fallout 4.

But, i'm pretty sure the game will feel semi underwhelming to me since I will be comparing it to my dear fallout 3.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I loved Fallout 3 so much, everything about it was awesome. I got this song on my MP3 player. You just can't beat blowing the heads off some ghouls with Lincoln's Repeater while this plays in the background.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/itc8yl9uLD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New Vegas wasn't bad by any means, but it just felt like a step down from 3. Bethesda always delivers the goods, and given how deliberate they have been, It's hard to imagine this won't be spectacular.

18. percicles

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GE2BkLqMef4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It looks like Fallout 3, with much better graphics. Which is not a complaint -- Fallout 3 might be my favorite video game ever.

Is it the same main character?

I wonder how the story will be different this time.

20. percicles

I prefered the New Vegas story, character development and overall writing. The world did feel smaller compared to F3 though.