1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Clutchfans going to the game in Philly tomorrow night ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JackLordsHair, Nov 2, 2014.

1. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Got a last minute line on very cheap killer seats for the Rox vs 76ers game tomorrow night, any fellow Clutchfans posters in PA?Philly area going to the game ? Also, anyone know how cool the players are about taking pics or signing autos w/ fans prior to game ? Taking my step son who has become a huge Rockets fan (of course I had no influence on that decision ha ha...) and he is curious whether they sign or anything like that before/after games. I haven't been to an NBA game since 1989 when I saw the Bulls (yes, w/ Jordan and pippen etc) play the Sixers in the Eastern Conf. semi-finals, so I have no idea how cool players are and what security at games (inside and out) is like. Just curious if anyone has had any experiences they could share.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nah, but I'm planning on going to the Sixers game here in Houston a week from Friday.

3. Play07

Play07 Member

When I went to OKC to see the rockets play last yr, Howard was out shooting before game by himself, before he went to locker room he signed stuff for me & my girl & everyone by the tunnel. It's was like 20-30 of us. I think he does this alot. "And enjoys doing it"

Just get there when doors open and walk down, see what you can make happen.

4. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Thanks for the info Play07, good to know, we plan to get there early just in case. Not expecting to be stalker types, just if an opportunity arises to get a sig, or a pic even would be nice for him as a young (13) Rocket fan. My one and only actual Rockets game I have gotten to see was in 1976/77 when Moses Malone was still playing with them and I went w/ my step dad and got to see the game from his companies skybox in the old Houston Summit (I think that was the name of the arena back then, probably long gone now).

5. kemah

kemah Member

lol

The Summit is now a church.

6. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Are you pulling my leg ? For real ? I moved back to PA in 1980, and sadly despite traveling quite a bit for work and in my personal life, I have never been back to Houston (lived in Spring, Lexington Woods subdivision to be exact).

7. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Google Osteen

I am sure you have heard of him before. His church needed a bigger place and they rented it and renovated it. I laugh because I went to many rock concerts there and more pot was smoked in that building then most.

8. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Of course I know who Osteen is, holy s%&^ that is ironic and hilarious at the same time! Too funny.

I saw Kiss at the Summit in 1979 (my first concert as a 12 year old), and then Rush in early 1980, but then moved back to PA. Had tickets to see Triumph there but pissed my mom off just prior to the show so she burned the tickets in order to send a message... Hated her for quite a long time after that...

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I've had a stronger drug then weed in that building haha