1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Curious Case of Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by donatas, Nov 20, 2013.

1. omgTHEpotential

Grizzlies fans want to trade Leuer desperately. They don't want him.

Gtfo POF.

2. basketballholic

DMo and Terrence are living proof to me that the Rockets need a shooting coach along the lines of San Antonio's Chip Engelland. Neither of these young men has made any adjustments in their shot mechanics since they've been Rockets. DMo still has the same problem with his shot. He doesn't dip. He gets no leg in his shot. He simply slings the ball with his arms. The arc on his shot is almost non-existent. He has no chance to be an efficient 3-point shooter doing that. And it even appears to me that his shot has gotten somewhat flatter over the last year or so. And this is his 3rd season with us now.

I can see the possibility of us giving up on DMo only to watch him go to a team like the Spurs and thrive after Engelland gets ahold of him. Why in the Sam Hill this team, which relies on the 3-point shot more than any team in the league, does not have a shooting coach is beyond my comprehension. How in the world can we let these 2 kids go 3 seasons without making major upgrades to their stroke when we put so much time and effort into eschewing the long 2's and trying to find a power forward that will shoot the 3 for us and then we cut guys in training camp that we give guaranteed dollars to on top of that. We can afford a couple hundred thousand to get a top-notch shooting coach.

Does anybody have a clue why this organization doesn't have a dedicated shooting coach?

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Need to fire the strength and conditioning coach that won't upgrade Dmo's midsection for stability so you can better jump for dunks, blocks, and rebounds as well. But I agree with you, a guy like Dmo is remarkably quick footed given his size and a team like the Spurs would make him shine.

4. chandlerbang21

Johnson is killing it in Toronto. He isn't a 3pt shooter so they let him go

5. dtitus1

dtitus1 Member

6. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

...or a free throw coach (although, perhaps that would be one in the same)

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That two handed slam by Dmo last night was like only the 2nd of the entire season. He dunked with ease but needs to do that more often in traffic. He's the tallest guy on the floor 9 out of 10 times.

8. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

I've brought up the name of the purest shooter in Rockets history before, who is at their every game. Calvin Murphy....who might do it for tailored suits! :grin:

9. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Will this fine performance against the Mavs finally lead to a good streak for D-Mo?

If he can keep it up, it would be a huge boost for us.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

one of the best games I've seen Dmo play.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Dmo has had two or three solid games this season. He just needs consistency.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Who knew? His defense is outpacing his contributions on offense. Just continue playing solid

In his interview after DAL game, he said it's the wins that matter more, not the individual stats. Maybe finally he is less anxious about scoring and is working hard on the other little things that he can help the team with. He is also seeing that he can play through mistakes (well coaches have no choice with TJ and Dwight being out).

14. cml750

cml750 Member

DMo played very well last night. It is time to develop some consistency and with Howard and Jones out he will get the playing time to do it!!! How he uses this opportunity s up to him. It is time for him to make the most of it and keep it up when players return and things get back to normal.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Assuming Jones regains his health fairly quickly, it's a blessing in disguise, as DMo gets the burn to develop consistency while we have more margin for error early. And while Dwight is out, he should be fed the ball to put that post game on display.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Trade him while his stock is high.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's effective also because of his size. His size along with whatever skill he has, if he plays like last night, is already better than what a Milsap or any other good to great undersized big could offer this team. The thing about post play is you can only do so much when you don't have the sized. He can play against one of the tallest and best frontlines in the league and made T. Chandler and Wright + Dirk work real hard. I don't care if they were tired from a back to back because there was hustle on their part as well.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

DLin had one of his good games last night. I am still curious.

19. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GcESSYOGRjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BtG, I'm a believer

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Will DMo join the 50-40-90 Club?