1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014-'15 Cleveland Cavs Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by UtilityPlayer, Jul 13, 2014.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

even if dion gets traded the same problems will remain there. blatt looks over his head

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

His expression shows it all:

[​IMG]

3. HTM

HTM Member

Bron needs to get back on the juice.... thats how Kenny Powers made a comeback....

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lou Williams makes Lebron look silly:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://web.archive.org/web/20101125082502/http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2011.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2015.html

People need to realize that the 2010-11 Miami "slow start" looks nothing like the current Cavs start.

As of November 25, 2010, Miami was 8-6 but they were ranked 4th on offense and 5th on defense among 30 teams. Those guys looked great in terms of margin of victory and strength of schedule, having an overall SRS (a form of power ranking) second only to the Spurs at that point. They just choked in some close contests.

Coming into tonight's game, the Cleveland Cavs were ranked 6th on offense and 24th on defense. Their SRS is 12th in the NBA. And these numbers came before tonight's loss.

The Miami Heat had some bad luck in close games, or at worst an issue just figuring out crunch time. The Cavs now have a serious defensive problem for all 48 minutes.

#145 Carl Herrera, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  6. hooroo

hooroo Member

lol @ the cavs for buying into the david blatt hype. blatt did nothing special against real madrid. real madrid are perennial euroleague playoffs/finals chokers.

they should have hired the coaches lebron put on his list.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Hearing towards the end of the game most of the Cavs fans left and you could hear "Lets Go Raptors!" and that the Cavs tried to drown out these cheers by playing Drake! Anyone heard or/have a link of this? Hilarious if true

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

:)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Browns are better than the Cavs.</p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/536627449715777537">November 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. i3artow i3aller

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/O1zV6gbhuMp/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Lebron is the biggest b**** is the nba

I have never seen him as the greatest player in the league or someone who should be compared to kobe and MJ

I have never seen a superstar cry and complain about every little thing

When I look at lebron all I see is a player who markets himself perfectly to be looked as the goat. What other superstar narrates their life as much as he has. Who the **** has a hour long tv special to announce what team he wants to go to. He makes like mini movies as tv commercials.

My views on lebron:
    - plays in the east
    - couldn't do **** the first time on cavs
    - scared to take the buzzer beater so he passes it to wade
    - wade and Ray Allen are the only reasons he has two rings
    - only a decent shooter
    - can't carry a team in finals
    - gives up and sits and crys when he is losing
    - just an overall b****

He's lucky rose was hurt for two years

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

The most obvious and pressing issues so far:

1. Love needs get a lot more focus, particularly at the elbow and PnR; I know Lebron and Kyrie are used to Sideshow but with the amount of PnR's he gets all I can think of is that Love should be getting the majority of them now. Love cannot be relegated to Bosh status. You don't bring in a top PF to be a spot up 3 pt shooter.

2. Lebron undermining Blatt at every turn. WTF. I have no idea if Blatt is cut out, but this is seriously concerning. Is Blatt really that bad? Is Lebron not giving him a chance? Come to think of it, I don't think Lebron has had a coach he respected much in his career.

3. Lineup issues, which is on Blatt. To be fair it's early in the process. Not sure what the answer is, but I think Harris should start instead of Marion for now.

4. Clevelan. No D.

5. No communication, no chemistry. As has been said time and time again, it looks like a bunch of strangers afraid to make eye contact with each other. At least the early Heat games were a problem of trying too hard to make each other comfortable. I know it's incredibly early. But these guys can't talk in practice about what their comfort zones are on the court? Why are they discussing this in public instead?

6. Bench production is garbage.

GO BROWNS!

13. Throttle

Throttle Member

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You could have condensed 1-6 into 1 line. Problem=Blatt.

Stakes are too high, this is the NBA. Just fire him. He's a bozo. They gave the keys to a Ferrari to a bozo.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Lebron: I am a top 4 or 5 NBA player all time, I am going to leave this team because others are just not good. That is possible after two years.

16. Throttle

Throttle Member

to the Lakers after kobe retires? lolz

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LeBron James named Player of the Week for an NBA record 47th time.</p>&mdash; Chris Palmer (@ChrisPalmerNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisPalmerNBA/status/539658116183654401">December 2, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. i3artow i3aller

Chill mode: deactivated.
    [​IMG]

Neon Dion.
    <iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OHDjYbBiO9q/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Irving is the problem