1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video of Cleburne cop shooting dog sparks investigation.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Felixthecat, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

What a POS. He'll probably get away with it too. The department is already saying the video doesn't tell the whole story...WTF?

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...-dog-shooting-prompts-investigation/17454235/

CLEBURNE – Amanda Henderson and her husband have three dogs. They used to have one more, until he was shot and killed by Cleburne police.

"I see a murder," Henderson said. "I see him murdering my puppy, our family... our dog."

It was August when police responded to a report of Henderson's pit bulls aggressively roaming the neighborhood. They'd escaped from her fenced-in backyard.

One was captured nearly immediately. A police report says when an officer located the other two, they were friendly at first and wagging their tails, until 7-month-old Maximus started growling and coming towards the officer. The officer then shot him.

The story didn't make sense to Henderson, because she says Max was so friendly. So she requested the video from the lapel camera worn by the officer.

What she saw horrified her.

"Never once did Max stop wagging his tail. Never once do you hear a growl, an aggressive anything," Henderson said.

Cleburne police are now investigating, but say the short video clip of the dog being shot doesn't tell the whole story.

"The city is obviously concerned about the video showing an officer shooting a dog," said police spokeswoman Kelly Summey.

A statement Summey provided said the dog was indeed being aggressive before he was shot. But Henderson said no amount of video will make what happened right.

"This officer should not have done that, and he knows better," she said. "You didn't give this puppy a chance. He's alive, as much as you are."

Summey wouldn't tell News 8 if the officer in question is on leave during the investigation, or how long the investigation will take.

Summey also didn't know how many dogs have been fatally shot by police in Cleburne in recent years.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xTQ6agYQAeY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Lol I don't see the need for the breed. But that's just cooled blooded murder. Wtf was that all about.

3. Buck Turgidson

Before I clicked on the spoiler tab, first thing I thought was pit bull. Stupid people + dangerous dogs + cops, yeah that'll end well.

4. bongman

bongman Member

There has to be more to this story. Why would the cop just shoot one dog? Second, why is there no blame for the owners? It is their responsibility to keep the dogs in their property.

5. Nook

Nook Member

You mix incompetent and irresponsible dog owners with a dangerous breed and throw in angry white cops with firearms and the BEST outcome is a dead dog... Lucky it was only a dog and not some kid playing in his backyard or some kid in a hoodie walking home from the store.