1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arrow: television series discussion thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulftsk, Feb 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. SK34

SK34 Member

Agreed. Hopefully, by the time of season finale, it gets good.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That was an awesome episode of Arrow. Finally a good one after some pretty meh ones. Didn't like how they made Shado a twin sister, but that was their only option. Bringing her back from the dead would've been ridiculous. Would've been better if they introduced the truth telling parallel in a different way.

So much plot movement in this episode. The whole city knows Ollie is the Arrow. Ray imitating the Arrow will only buy some time, but the spotlight is on Ollie. Looks like it'll get crazy again.

The whole Ray Palmer storyline is very bland. Not seeing how it involves the bigger story arc other than setting up a love triangle for Felicity.

3. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Yeah...
    They should've just let him die.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Solid episode but Ra's outing Oliver's true identity does nothing for me since it seemed everyone already knew his identity and no one is really vulnerable because of the revelation. Oliver hasn't even interacted in the Arrow/Flash world as just Oliver, he is always the Arrow.

I think that is what made the earlier seasons of Arrow a bit more enjoyable because he had to put on his playboy face from time to time. It changed it up a little.

He is going to be on the new spinoff show for the CW. I wonder when we are going to start going through superhero fatigue. 3 superhero shows on one network is kind of bananas.

5. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

I think that Oliver will be exonerated again because at the end of the episode,
    Roy turned himself in as the arrow...
    Not sure where the plot goes from here, but if the subsequent episodes are as good as this one was, we are in for a treat!

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I honestly kept wondering
    1. What the hell was Roy and Ollie doing all day waiting for the night to fall
    2. How is Diggle earning a living . . .ollie still paying him?

The NON ARROW time just became angst fest and kind of boring
    They needed to add meat there. . . still hate the shanghai storyline

I don't know if Ray Palmer and Felicity would be enough for alot of people to watch
    To alot of folx he is a ripoff of Iron man [who got taken out by an arrow mind you] that needs Felicity to fix his ***** '
    I just don't see him carrying a show on his own like Flash but we will see

Rocket River

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought the NON ARROW stuff was good just to show what Oliver had to lose. Last season Deathstroke used Oliver's secret to pretty much destroy his life. Everyone that matters to Oliver knows his secret now, who cares that the rest of the city knows?

Ray Palmer is a part of an ensemble super hero cast. It's going to be like a justice league type of show with him as the leader. He won't have to carry the show. I agree I don't think the Ray Palmer character could carry a show alone.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The NON ARROW stuff was GREAT in season 1 and 2
    but not this season.

Ra's is not as good a villian IMO than Merlin was, nor Deathstroke, for the show

Rocket River

9. Duncan McDonuts

Hooooly shiiiiiii*********

At first, I was like "They killed my ***** Roy!" And then he's alive. I was happy. Then the ending, I'm like "They killed my ***** Thea!!!!"

Ohhhhh snap, what a great episode. Well, really, last 10 minutes. ATOM and Deathbolt story were just filler. But man, those 10 minutes were worth it.

I wish the preview didn't come on during the credits. It looks like they're going Fountain of Youth style, but it apparently changes people? Wonder what'll happen to Thea.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

The thing that was spoiler tagged shouldn't have been. The thing in bold should have been spoiler'd. :eek:

11. Duncan McDonuts

Everything unspoilered happened already. If it's aired, it's not a spoiler.

12. SK34

SK34 Member

Arrow is back on track

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So Is Roy heading over to the new TNT Teen Titans show?

I didn't mind Roy on the show, but I didn't think he added anything. The Arrow cave is so damn crowded. I'm just glad that haven't killed Diggle yet.

14. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yeah I agree, even though it did actually happen, those were some pretty important things that happened in that episode to be posted that quickly and unspoilered....but I've already seen the episode, so its not that big of a deal to me....lol

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Generally - I try to give folx at least 24 hours before i go unspoilered
    Cause some folx have it on the DVR

I knew the Roy thing was a false. (Say him in future previews i thought)
    I suspected at the very least he would be done like evidently what they will do for Thea
    Still not feeling this whole RA's storyline at all.

Rocket River

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Me neither. The Ra's story started off strong when he almost killed Oliver, I thought it would build up to an epic rematch (thought it was going in the right direction when they asked Merilyn for training) but now the story is kind of dumb.

Lance is probably the most annoying character by far, Laurel/Canary just sucks, Thea's always mad and confused, Merilyn always does the dumbest ****, Oliver always seems mad & the fact that he still has that "i don't know who i am" inner battle, it's getting old.

Roy brought almost nothing to show so I hope he leaves for a while. Diggle & Felicity are awesome like always but this mix of a meh Ra's story line & a meh Atom story line (Ray Palmer would be better on the Flash) has shaped this up into an incredibly ****ty season so far.

This series is supposed to be dark, Felicity brought the small amount goofiness that this show needed, Ray Palmer is excessively upbeat all the time.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

That doesn't make any sense.

Assume a movie was just released on a Friday - and on that Friday, after the first showing as you're coming out of the theater, you shout the ending for everyone waiting in line to hear. Folks won't get mad at you for spoiling the ending, right? Since the movie is already out?

By your logic, what constitutes a spoiler?

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're complaining about spoilers in a thread about episodes that have already aired. You know if this thread is bumped it's probably because we are discussing the latest episode.

Assume a movie has just finished and your buddies who have seen the movie are talking about what they have just seen, in their car, outside the theater. You open the car door, join the conversation, but ask them not to spoil the movie.

If you don't want to be spoiled why would anyone venture into this thread before they have seen the episode?

19. Duncan McDonuts

You're comparing movies and television shows. They are different. There's an entrance fee for movies so people like to hear other's opinions before they decide if they want to pay a ticket to see the movie. Read any reviewer's pieces about movies and TV shows. TV show reviews contain information about episodes whereas movie reviews don't include important plot points. Pretty obvious movie and TV show spoilers are looked at differently.

TV show discussion threads are to discuss episodes that have aired. Any episode that has been broadcast is open for discussion. If an episode has been aired that you have not seen, you are risking being spoiled by reading TV discussions. Some people will only share their reactions, some will want to discuss what has happened. I've made the mistake of reading threads before I've caught up to read reactions only to be spoiled, but I read that thread knowing the risks.

Don't be upset at me because you read an open discussion without being up-to-date with the show. And to answer your question more thoroughly, a TV spoiler is information about the show that hasn't been broadcast in an episode. There's some gray area for Netflix shows where viewers watch at their own pace but most people will have the decency to put disclaimers on later episodes up to a certain time frame.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly . . .. If they would have let Ra's walk away never to be seen or rarely seen from then . . . I would have been good.
    This storyline of Ra's . . I mean he wants Ollie to be the new Ra's?
    I don't even know why.
    Cause he stabbed him and he had help and survived? *sigh*
    I really hate the Shanghai flashbacks. . .. they are so annoying

Roy was ok. Nothing spectacular but ok. Tolerable.
    Thea is Schitzo.
    Laura is annoying
    Felicity and Ray just need their own show or something.
    Or at least split them up. Too much goofiness together
    Diggle is the Rock that holds it all together . .. the mainstay of the costars

Oliver has been meh and emo all season.

Rocket River