1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

top matches of 2015 so far.

1. Lesnar vs. Reigns (vs. Rollins) (Wrestlemania)
    2. Lesnar vs. Cena vs. Rollins (Royal Rumble)
    3. Bryan vs. Reigns (Fast Lane)
    4. Owens vs. Zayn (Rival)
    5. Owens vs. Neville (NXT 2/18)
    6. Rollins vs. Orton (Wrestlemania)
    7. Owens vs. Balor (NXT 3/25)
    8. Bryan vs. Rollins (Raw 2/2)

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

They need to to have an alpha be the world champion - maybe Reigns or Orton or even Cena

Not some beta coward like Rollins who can't fight fo rhimself and always has his teabaggers in J and J security there for him and backs away from all the big fights like a p***y.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

She looks fine to me

[​IMG]

And she sells like Ziggler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

She's only 23!

5. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

Watched Raw again. I got a kick out of Lesnar laughing at the crowd when they were chanting Suplex City.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Though I like Seth being champ, it doesn't make sense for the WWE to sign Lesnar and not use him (presumably until Summerslam) because of his "suspension." In fact, the result at Mania could have been the same even if Lesnar's contract ended after Sunday. It would have made more sense for Lesnar to retain, since he's an employee of the WWE now.

Obviously a suspension of disbelief is present when watching WWE shows, but Lesnar is just too strong - unless you put him in a 1v3 match or something, there's no physical way Lesnar loses.

Cena holding the belt is pretty meh. Like him or not, he's a multi-time WWE WHC - to have him go from "college" to "middle school" doesn't make that much sense. Someone from the midcard should hold it. The IC belt clearly has great booking now, with Bryan, Ziggler, Sheamus, BnB, but it's hard to imagine Cena losing the US belt to someone who isn't on his same level.

When's Rusev invoking his rematch clause? What's the point of Big Show winning the AtG BR at Mania? Where does Bray go from here? Where does Orton go from here? Where was HHH at, on Raw? The authority is firmly on the side of Rollins - you'd there think would have been a face-to-face congrats from Steph, but nope.

Last hour of Raw was a letdown. Vince blew his load on the first two hours, and that third hour was same old ****.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling. You know Rollins is a heel, right? What he does are typical heel actions.

Reigns can't wrestle for crap. Orton and Cena have already been there.

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Reigns can def put on a main event performance maybe not WM Main Event but still...that is one of the best WM main events I've ever seen.

I think the plan all along was for Rollins walking out of WM as champ and they stuck with it. I think a 2-3 month Rollins reign is perfectly fine until Lesnar takes the belt back and runs with it until WM too face Bryan/Wyatt/Rollins/Reigns/Neville/whoever

I really just want Seth too run the gauntlet against Orton, Ambrose, Reigns and Bryan or Ziggler and then let Lesnar have him.

You want a champ defending every PPV, enjoy the summer

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lesnar is rumored to have taken a pay cut. I wouldn't be surprised if a part of the deal is that Lesnar also gets to work fewer dates.

If so, the "suspension" is a useful plot device to give Brock his agreed-upon vacation.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Lesnar may be under contract, but probably under similar stipulations like his old one that required him to wrestle/appear on Raw a certain amount of times.

What's entertaining about Rollins with the belt is that his tweener status makes it so unpredictable. Half of the guys that he can have a WHC feud with has the potential for a huge double turn if he drops the coward angle.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

He's filling the void of Punks heel reign

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They really haven't booked him as a tweener. He has been as heel as one guy can possibly be booked. But his performance in the ring has been so damn good, a lot of fans are cheering him. When they do decide to turn him face it will be extremely easy.

They are clearly gonna keep him as the slimy heel at least until they bring Lesnar back. He is really the only top heel going right now. They brought Sheamus back heel, but I think one of the other big faces is also gonna turn heel pretty soon.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Well....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Undertaker and Sting together at the airport!

<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RAWAfterMania?src=hash">#RAWAfterMania</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DreamMatch?src=hash">#DreamMatch</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WrestleMania?src=hash">#WrestleMania</a> <a href="http://t.co/DCmAwAfIBd">pic.twitter.com/DCmAwAfIBd</a></p>&mdash; JONATHAN ✌️ (@jjblasvegas) <a href="https://twitter.com/jjblasvegas/status/583013183272722434">March 31, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Really the only historic thing left for either guy

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Would not mind Undertaker & Sting vs. Triple H, Kane & Big Show either

15. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I like Breeze and all but it makes absolutely no sense to have Hideo win the tournament to go to the WM battle royal and then have Breeze go over him in the 2 out of 3 falls match. I know that it was taped before but still.

16. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

Itami went to the Battle Royal solely because there was Japanese media all over due to Tatsumi Fujinami going into the hall of fame. It was definitely not meant to imply he was ahead of anyone, as should be obvious with Adrian Neville getting the callup first out of the "blue chip prospect" group.

Breeze is more ready for the WWE style right now than Itami, although make no mistake, WWE has huge plans for Itami.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Breeze should be added to the Kidd/Nattie/Cesaro stable

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Barf. I respect their career as veterans of the WWE, but Kane and Show just can't put on a show anymore (pun unintended). They're just so boring in the ring - Kane doesn't scare anyone being "corporate Kane" and Big Show doesn't really intimidate anyone anymore.

But that's the thing - if Lesnar returned under similar stipulations, why did he go to the media and state that his time with the MMA was over? I don't know the stipulations (more money for the same amount of appearances, I guess), but I feel like Lesnar made an incorrect decision in completely ruling out a return to octagon.

It's almost like Vince sent a Lesnar-sized puppet to the media and spoonfed him things to say.

19. Beavis Stiffler

Cena? Please make it happen, WWE Creative.

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'm sure it will be Roman Reigns.