1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Braxton Miller - Texans 3rd round pick, 85th overall

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 29, 2016.

?

Do you agree with the pick?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2016.
  1. YES

90.0%
  2. NO

10.0%
  1. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

So we just gonna disrespect TJ Yates like that?? ;)
    I like the # for 13raxton

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They should at least wait a year before giving out his number.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I didn't know he beat Russell Wilson and the Badgers as a freshman qb.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A look at the <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans">@HoustonTexans</a>' newest wideout, <a href="https://twitter.com/BraxtonMiller5">@BraxtonMiller5</a>. He's the last man to get photographed today by us! <a href="https://t.co/WM6qgQHgbX">pic.twitter.com/WM6qgQHgbX</a></p>&mdash; Topps NFL HUDDLE (@ToppsHuddle) <a href="https://twitter.com/ToppsHuddle/status/734177495826604033">May 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Picked number #13 because I can do all things in him who strengthens me. -Philippians 4:13</p>&mdash; BRAXTON MILLER (@BraxtonMiller5) <a href="https://twitter.com/BraxtonMiller5/status/732887534632468480">May 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Imagine if Will Fuller and Braxton pan out? :eek: This will be the deepest wide receiver depth the Texans ever had. Only fan can hope though.

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't jinx it man. We're not that great in HTown with elevated expectations.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Don't' ever remember having a deep wide receiver threat. 1 Main Guy and a bunch of Kevin Walter...........'s :)

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well Jacoby Jones was technically a deep threat but he struggled so much when it came to catching the ball that he is easily forgettable.....with the exception of the Baltimore game he cost us by muffing a punt at the 2 yard line.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

His struggles to catch the ball paled in comparison to his struggles to run a proper route with proper timing.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which makes what he did in Baltimore after he was cut by the Texans even more annoying. I mean sure it was a fluke, but why did the fluke have to happen there instead of here?

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Texans signed Miller to a deal . At least somebody got something right today.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000674323/article/braxton-miller-on-role-with-texans-playmaker

Braxton Miller's role with the Houston Texans appears somewhat amorphous heading into his rookie campaign.

The team's plans for "multidimensional" duty means he could play in the slot, on the outside or even see time in the backfield on gadget plays. The quarterback-turned-receiver is getting comfortable playing anywhere in Bill O'Brien's offense.

When asked on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday to define his role as a rookie, Miller had a simple response: "Playmaker."

"Just a playmaker. I'll play slot, outside, inside, play running back. Just whatever is in the game plan. I'm capable of playing any position," he said.

Miller's acclimatization to the pro game will be a key to watch during training camp and preseason. The former quarterback possesses the speed and quick-cut ability to be a menace alongside DeAndre Hopkins and fellow speedy rookie Will Fuller.

Moving from quarterback to receiver isn't unprecedented, especially for a player owning Miller's athleticism. One of the toughest parts of the transition is getting off press coverage when playing outside receiver. It's a technique Miller believes he's picking up on.

"I've adapted pretty well. ... I've adjusted pretty well," he said. "Right now, I'm just out there just having fun with it. I'm still learning the techniques and everything, but still just being a playmaker, being myself."

Miller added that his time at quarterback -- where he won two Big Ten MVP awards -- aided his transition to receiver.

"When you are playing the receiver position, you got to understand all the routes around you," he said. "They all have something to do with each other ... so if one is 10 yards, one got to be 5 yards, so just knowing all the technique, all the concepts, you got to sit on your area on the route, I understand why. Playing quarterback helped me transition to receiver."

Last season the Texans' passing offense essentially boiled down to heaves to Hopkins and smoke-and-mirrors gadget plays. With Brock Osweiler under center and an improved receiving corps, Houston plans to have a more traditional pass attack in 2016. But when O'Brien needs to pull out those smoke-and-mirror plays again, expect Miller to be heavily involved in them.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xP4Vvc4VLc

Give him 10-15 touches a game.

Punt return, RB included.

Texans have never had a guy who could move like this.

Rookie Offensive Player of the Year Candidate.

You hear he's killing it in camp and you saw Os, Savage forcing the ball to him.

#233 tmacfor35, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Braxton can also be our QB3 in case Brock gets rocked and Savage gets savaged.

15. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm really excited about Miller. I think he can be an awesome weapon for us. It'll be interesting to see how much work he gets - Hopkins, Fuller, and Strong seem to be above him in the depth chart now. I think Bill O'Brien will work to get him touches if he continues to do well, though.

16. MystikArkitect

What if Brax gets axed? We'll need Weeden to come speedin.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's supposed to play the new "edge" position

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The stuff he does in space is similar to what Foster would do to guys.

Miller moves even better than Arian does too so should be fun.

You know they are going to run some Jet Sweep moves much like the Chiefs would do with their Wideouts.

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

So far him and fuller look like they are almost exceeding expectations in camp , hope it continues ...

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Ive always wondered if he wouldve stayed at the qb position, whered he get drafted?