1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meyers Leonard...the perfect center?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Meyers Leonard will be the biggest riser in the draft, in my opinion. He's showing very well at the combine. I think we'll need to trade up to get him, and I think we should. Watching his athleticism, how fluid he is at his size, seeing his strengths listed on paper(admittedly, I haven't seen much game film on him), he seems like he could be a do-it-all big. Key word: could be.

I think if Mchale and co. want a big to develop, it should be Leonard. The guy, in my opinion (flame suit on) could be a Blake Griffin-type player with the right coaching. I think he has potential to be a top 3 player from this draft. He also happens to be a position that is a relative need for us. We're young, we have some speed, we can run the floor, so why not take a big that can allow us to spread the court?

If D-Mo develops into what some think he can, and Leonard develops into what he potentially could, we could have a great, athletic front court in the future.

1 person likes this.
  2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

More like Shawn Kemp pre Clevland?

3. delishman

delishman Member

The perfect center.

I'm in!

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Cant go wrong by getting him at 14 even if he busts. I like Jeff Taylor at 16 as well.

5. Raven

Raven Member

I don't know about perfect center, but he represents a very good reason to try and trade up into the top ten.

6. Raven

Raven Member

The reason you can't go wrong at drafting him at 14th is because he's highly unlikely to fall that far.

7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I wish the Rockets would move clean up there front court more for young players could get more playing time. I'd love Lenoard but I'd be afraid he would get buried on the bench behind veterans. A front court of Lenord/Donuts sounds appealing for the future.

8. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Pretty sure the perfect center isn't white...

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=219517&highlight=meyers+leonard

That being said, I watched him at Illinois quite a bit, and I personally dont think he's going to impact the game in his first couple season in the NBA. He looks good on paper, but you just need to watch this guy play in an actual game. He's very raw on both ends of the court, and tends to be a bystander alot of the time. If he is still there at 16 he's worth a gamble, but at 14 there has to be better options one would think.

10. ILoveTheRockets

and already played for the rockets and brought us two championships...

11. Two Sandwiches

For a while there, the best golfer was black, best rapper was white, etc. etc.;)

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The perfect center? So he's got Hakeem's skill set with Shaq's size and Yao's height?

Git 'er done.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not to be racist but I tend to agree.

14. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Low pixel count aside...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0mwuNWNSgeQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The young Arvydas Sobonis could have been the perfect center.

1 person likes this.
  15. Two Sandwiches

The guy says he watched a ton of tape on him, and then calls him unathletic multiple times. Anyone who trusts his judgement, is obviously reading blindly...

16. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You haven't seen him play in a game but you are saying that he may be the perfect center and that the Rockets should trade up for him? Maybe you should wait until you see play against competition rather than simply doing drills.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

I see Joey Prizbilla potential in him. Worth a 14th pick, but not worth trading up for.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Pretty sure you need to be banned.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

does she come with him?

[​IMG]

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Won't fall to #14, his stock is rising fast with the Combine and workouts. Will probably go somewhere between 8-12. We'd have to trade up. As some guys on ESPN said, he's the best C prospect after Drummond with his size and athleticsm. The potential is huge. Of course there's risk involved, but he would top Zeller by far if he pans out right.