1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

about making the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Oct 1, 2003.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

there is an article posted here where JVG complains about only have 4 guys here for early "voluntary" workouts. those workouts are impotant. it gets everyone back into shape earlier, so that u can move on to other stuff in camp sooner (like learning a new system).

i don't care if they say they are working out on their own, with other nba players, etc... they need to be working out with thier TEAMATES.

i read an article online about a week ago (i lost the link, but why would i make this up?) about the sonics and ho they had their WHOLE TEAM working out together, intensly, for about a month already. they were talking about sonic players diving on the floor for the ball, getting heated over a faul call...

these guys are our major oposition for making the playoffs. does this say anything to you about our teams commitment to makethe playoffs? how can it be that guys we think don't give a **** like cato and moochie came in to get better, and guys like mo, both griffins, steve, cat..didnt bother?

2. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Van Gundy was talking about voluntary workouts during the summer. I agree the guys should of got together during the summer and worked out. But as of now, the start of training camp, players with more than 3 years of experience are not allowed to practice until thursday. these are new rules created by the players association to ocounter the owners adding games to the first round of the playoffs. very silly if you ask me.

piakowski, a. griffin, cato, mobley, francis, taylor - none of these guys are allowed to workout with the coach and the players with the less than 3yrs experienced players. they're not even allowed in the same facilities.