1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Iguodala re-signs for 80 million

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tornadoofsoul6, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Tornadoofsoul6

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3532139

2. Asian Sensation

Nice deal for Iggy.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's too much money for him. Iguodala isn't worth more than 7-8M a year IMO.

4. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Sixers got raped.

5. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

thats insane.

i guess that's their 1-2 punch with AI-Brand.

6. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

This is why Atlanta was happy to match the Grizz offer to Josh Smith within less than 24 hours.

Josh Smith got an under market value deal given his production/potential for a 22 year old.

7. Apollo Creed

That's like the turd version of McGrady/Yao.

8. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

The Sixers did a lot of work clearing some cap room and now they do this. Do they think that Brand/ Iguodala is worth tying up all their money in for the next few years?

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Agree, first thing that came to my mind as well...

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

yeah smith looks like he may end up being a perfect second "fiddle" player on a team that has an established star. his versatility on both ends of the court is just insane. a much better player than Iguodala imo.

I actually think though Smith and his agent made a huge mistake in signing the grizzlies offer sheet. play the one year in ATL with their qualifying offer and become an UFA. for once atlanta won by playing it cheap. these young up and coming stars will never get a good contract if they are playing for a team that is historically cheap. the only way for them to get fair value is out on the open market. Cant do that as a RFA.

well i dont think josh smith is going to be starving on his 58 million of course.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Good player but not worth all that. He's never going to be a #1 option.

.....and as for Josh Smith, he's a better player and thanks to the Grizzlies the Hawks don't have to pay him money like this.

12. Apollo Creed

The Memphis Grizzlies: Sure, we're not going to win with OUR team...but we can help others do so!

13. dback816

dback816 Member

This is a complete joke

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Is CD giving advice to the 76ers?

15. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Sometimes signings are based on intangibles. AI plays hard and is durable, great teammate as well, how many guys would give up their number to Chris Weber.

16. baller4life315

Memphis Grizzles: More wasted cap room than you can imagine....for me to poop on!

[​IMG]

17. opticon

opticon Member

13mil a year is not that bad, they did over pay by about 4 million though. I think AI is gong to have a break out year though. he is going to get more open looks with brand working in the post.

18. baller4life315

It's somewhat shocking at first but I guess the $65-80M range is what all of the big named restricted FA's ended up getting. I must admit i'm surprised he got more than Smith, Deng or Ellis especially considering the egg he laid in the playoffs but I suppose it's somewhat reasonable.

We'll see, I guess. I still think it's too pricey of an offer considering he'll never be a #1 option and probably isn't going to ever be the 25 PPG type of player you expect from your franchise player you're paying that type of money.

19. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Exactly what I was going to say...

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Irresponsible contract. AI's play on court will be judged by his contract now, and quiet frankly, he is not good enough to measure up to it.