1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Funny] Hillary ad uses fake headline- pasted over old Troopergate story

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bucket, May 13, 2008.

1. bucket

bucket Member

A friend of mine (who supports Obama) showed me this.

-----------------

http://journals.democraticunderground.com/berni_mccoy/321

berni_mccoy's Journal

OH THIS IS RICH! Latest Clinton Ad Uses Newspaper Clipping on TROOPERGATE!

Posted by berni_mccoy in General Discussion: Primaries
    Sun May 11th 2008, 09:33 PM

They couldn't actually find a newspaper clipping that was titled what they wanted ("Obama Attacks Clinton gas tax plan"), so they made one up... but they attached the headline to a Troopergate article! LOL!

Here is a screen capture from the downloaded hi-res copy from Clinton's website:

[​IMG]

I noticed because I wanted to read the article and several words/phrases were quite readable. Then I saw it: "Troopergate" not once, but twice, sticking out like a sore thumb! Then I could read several other phrases:
    "had notarized a written statement signed by the governor's former communications director.. whether he has a private attorney to represent him in the Troopergate scandal."

" 'It is their job to do what they do'... said of investigators. 'It is my job to cooperate, which is exactly what I have done. I have answered all the questions over and over.'"

See for yourself. Here is a link to the ad from Clinton's website: http://www.hillaryclinton.com/video/182.as...

Note: For those not familiar with Troopergate, see Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troopergate

Here is the summary:
    Troopergate is the popular name of an alleged scandal involving allegations by two Arkansas state troopers that they arranged sexual liaisons for then-governor Bill Clinton. The allegations by state troopers Larry Patterson and Roger Perry were first reported by David Brock in the American Spectator in 1993. The story mentioned a woman named Paula, a reference to Paula Jones.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The link to the Clinton website doesn't work.

3. Kimble14

Kimble14 Contributing Member

^^^ Add "px" to the end of the URL. Or go to Videos > Ads from Hillary's menubar, then select "What's Happened".

I can't judge the merits of the ad, not having audio at work, but the image is there. It probably doesn't deserve much analysis, but it's [Funny], which is what I was promised. :D

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

thanks dude, and you can see the Troopergate. i thinks its funny if anything, i can't believe someone caught it. you can't get away with anything

edit:why would they use a Bill Clinton scandal it had to be an inside joke that no one thought would be caught.

#4 pgabriel, May 13, 2008
    Last edited: May 13, 2008
  5. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Gotta start a comment bomb on You Tube now... See ya later. :D

6. bucket

bucket Member

I aim to please. :D
    Thanks for the tech help.