1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The OFFICIAL Bill O'Brien in the hot seat thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

It is time if this man decides to stick with Hoyer as the starting QB.

2. conquistador#11

five years too early, brosev. we can start this one 2019/2020

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He's not in the hot seat. :rolleyes:

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If he goes 3-13 he'll then be on the hot seat next year.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not till he lights up that burner by essentially forfeiting another game by going with Hoyer again.

When you piss away 12.5% of the season because you personally like someone....it's time to go. The Texans were needing to win every chance possible to even sniff the playoffs this year, throwing 2 winnable games away could easily lead to a losing season.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hey, it's this post again. I've only seen it 5 times already.

He's not in the hot seat.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's exactly what I just said. Try to keep up.

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

Five years too early? Since when did any coach of any Houston team not get second guessed by their second year on the job? Hinch is being second guessed in the Astros forum. McHale can't do anything right. Now some people think Bill O'Brien is on the hot seat. It's not just a ClutchFans thing. It's what fans do everywhere. Oh well.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Jesus, you guys are ridiculous. Ryan Mallett playing well in 5 minutes of garbage time doesn't mean he is the answer, regardless of what all of y'all want to believe. Another case of the fans wanting to oust the starter without even considering the possibility that the backup may not be any better. If Mallett couldn't start over the likes of Brian Hoyer and Ryan Fitzpatrick what makes you think he is a great QB? Honestly, this team would be better off if Schaub was our QB if Houston fans hadn't turned on him like rabid dogs.

10. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

He should be

OB has made very poor choices in draft and personnel decisions so far

11. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Can't wait to see o brian doing some push up AGAIN
    <iframe src="https://vine.co/v/etFr7iZ2Uij/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The answer over Hoyer who has never been good at any level of play....yes.

Hoyer was mediocre in High School,
    Hoyer was mediocre in College.
    Hoyer has been awful in the NFL.

If you've ever watched Hoyer play and you watched Mallett's one healthy start last year and his play this season, I don't know how you'd think Hoyer was better unless you are related to him or something.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

McNair is the owner, he has until 2025.

Rest easy.

#13 J.R., Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Maybe because Hoyer found a way to have the dumpster fire that is Cleveland in the playoff race last year? And there was nothing very special about Mallett's famous, world beating "one healthy start". Honestly Keenum probably had better games at the end of last season. and perhaps because I don't think "one decent healthy start" is good enough to judge a player on.

I guess the Houston Texans coaching staff who have seen a hell of a lot more of Mallett then either of us have are second cousins to Hoyer, only way they could possibly start Hoyer, right?

Welcome to Houston, Brian Hoyer. You are officially the new Matt Schaub.

15. mario_v

mario_v Member

I really like obrien as hc. I think he's one of the best HCs in the league, but I seriously question him when it comes to personnel.

16. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

He cleary isn't in the Hot seat, and while publicly they limented that this was in no way a rebuild, for all intents and purposes it is a complete rebuild.

O'brien has been smart in not handcuffing himself to a QB, knowing how difficult it is going to be to win with the team he inherited.

This team was in no way ready to compete last year and they some how won 9. They failed to rebuild the O-line with a bunch of missed draft picks.

Once O'brien picks his future QB in the draft the clock will then reset and he will be given 2 - 3 years to develop said qb.

At a minimum, I think O'brien is here for at least 4 more years. These first 2 years and next year are you roster rebuild years. Turning around the philosophy and the makeup of the team takes a long time. Especially so with the horrible scout department and dumbass moves in the draft.

I think they're going to make that franchise QB push next year in the draft, and then we'll begin to see how good of a HC O'brien really is. Last year was remarkable. This year could be very much the same as last.

I'm fighting myself on wanting the franchise to become successful and at the same time wanting the QBs we have to fail horrendously so there's a better chance of drafting a QB high.

17. what

what Member

Oh yeah!

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hot seat? Lol yea right. Texans can go 0-16 and Uncle Bob would sign him to an extension

1 person likes this.
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

The Texans didn't draft a "franchise QB" the past two drafts. Not sure why you think they will draft one next year. I don't see BOB here for four more years if the team performs poorly, regardless of who the QB is.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There wasn't one available the past 2 drafts.