1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jared Goff

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Repped.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well, isn't every NFL coach really?

That said, the second article I posted has some amazing stats, really. And it might be due to playing in the same system for 3 years, but it also clearly shows how amazing Goff has been.

Crazy stats:
    - Adjust for dropped passes, and he is accurate on 80% of his attempts
    - Passes that travel 20+ yards in the air, he's 19 of 26, and two of the misses were drops

Now I'd like him to go deep more... but I also don't care that much. I like his deep ball more (a lot?) than Teddy's already, and it's the threat of the deep ball in the NFL more than anything that is needed.

Nobody would mistake Brady for being an amazing deep ball passer. But he can do it well as necessary. And so far the only part of it Goff doesn't do well, is not enough of it. Stats point to if he had more deep balls, he'd still be exceptional, even if not as crazy good as he's been thus far.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">QB Jared Goff is starting to draw comparisons to another Cal QB that ended up being pretty good. <a href="http://t.co/1KPlSUAooh">pic.twitter.com/1KPlSUAooh</a></p>&mdash; ESPN CollegeFootball (@ESPNCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/651478828381024257">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Does anybody have any info on how he is with his teammates? And what kind of person he is in the locker room? Is he a rah-rah kind of guy with some fire too him? Is he a natural born leader of men? Basically does he have that IT about him?

6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Did his teammates go to his birthday party tho?

1 person likes this.
  7. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Lol, I feel sad that I got this reference.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Ha! Me too. I blame Hard Knocks. That was the only reason I got HBO and I watched the movie on there before I cancelled it.

9. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

From what I've read he's a pretty quiet guy. He mainly hangs with teammates, jokes around a lot. He gets hazed for liking bad music from teammates. Once threw a party at his apartment with the entire Cal marching bad playing in his living room. He seems well liked, but he does like to keep his head down. Doesn't try to attract a lot of attention to himself, rather enjoys anonymity. More of leads by example kind of guy. Stoic if you say. Always even-killed and calm.

Seems to be outgoing with close friends and teammates, but tries to stay out of the limelight in public, rather wants to keep to himself more than anything.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If he can fit the entire Cal marching band in his living room then he must be rich as hell.

13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Saint's or Fin's might also draft a QB if put in that position

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

This kid look good too there will be a new starting QB for the Texans in next years draft.

15. edwardc

edwardc Member

FYI cal plays utah on espn saturaday night

16. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

#5 ranked Utah.

It will be a good test for him. Let's see how he measures out.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They're the 57th overall ranked defense so, it will be somewhat of a test.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL execs on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cal?src=hash">#Cal</a> QB Jared Goff via <a href="https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks">@MoveTheSticks</a>: &quot;He reminds me of Matt Ryan, but has much better arm strength.&quot; <a href="http://t.co/mxqdsEFxxd">http://t.co/mxqdsEFxxd</a></p>&mdash; Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/651879514708901888">October 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If tomorrow's game goes bad we all could be watching Saturday nights game hoping and wishing for goff.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'm getting sold on goff more and more