1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Perception Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T_Man, Sep 26, 2014.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Alright people,

I have a question for you...

A buddy of mines came over and we were watching the football game and drinking and he asked me this question...

He said "my girlfriend stated me and my son look like the number 10.. I was confused at first and asked what do you mean by that.. She said he was tall and thin and I was short..."

He looked at me with tears in my eyes and asked should he be offended.. I said yes.. She just called you Fat... Now take it he's not fat albert fat, but he's no where near his college size at the age of 49...

I told him I would post the message on the board and get others opinion..

Me, I would have been pissed....

So let me know what you think.

T_Man

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

A 49 year old man is crying upon being called fat.

That's pathetic.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

A woman should not disrespect a man like that. A slap is recommended with open palm. Do not close fist as this will entail domestic abuse as a man should never strike a woman. It might hurt, but it is the best way to teach her not to make the same mistake again.

1 person likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

You can only be offended if you let yourself be offended!

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'd want an adult female with a more complex grasp of numbers, those are some low frequency brain waves right there.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Or if someone does or says something offensive, and you let yourself be normal.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

Nobody can offend you you without your permission. Ever hear the story of "sticks and stones"?

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hard to know without context. He sounds a bit too sensitive but if he's that upset by it he should use it as motivation to lose weight. Make it useful, turn it into something positive.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am not sure which is more amusing. A grown man crying for being called fat or his friend seeking random strangers on the internet on what his opinion should be.

10. T_Man

Hey I have a warped sense of humor and basically my advice would not have been the right one....

So I thought I would ask strangers instead of people we both know to save him the embarrassment..... Plus I have a few too many...

Basically my thing is this... You have two options.... Deal with it or leave...

That simple...

T_Man

11. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

He should have told her that she looks like the number 6 -- flat chested with a big fat ass.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm sorry but this is hilarious.

13. bongman

bongman Member

To some, that might be a compliment :p

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Can you clarify which mines you are referring to? Then I can provide my help.

15. bongman

bongman Member

Seriously, there could be a lot more worst things that are said during the course of a relationship. Like what Dmo said, if you are afraid of wolves, don't commit to a relationship.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If your friend is really this worked up over that comment, and granted I wasn't there so I have no sense of context of that comment, he might have some other issues. Was the first time his GF had made a comment like that or was this just part of a string of disparaging comments that she has been making towards him?

If he is really that worked up by this he, and his GF, might need some couples counseling. Otherwise if his weight is really something that he is sensitive about this maybe you and your other friends could help encourage him to address that by helping lose some of it.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Tell your "friend" to man up. One of the things men do is not give a damn about what people say about them. Oh, and tell him to stop dating girls and try dating women. They are harder to find but much better in a relationship.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Perhaps her intent was to let him know in a bit of a subtle way that he needs to lose weight. Ask him if he would have cried had she said, "You could stand to lose a few pounds".

Also, surprised no one has asked for pictures of the girl friend yet.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ask him if he drinks a lot of soy.

Might explain the b**** t*** and maybe the crying.

20. T_Man

Man you guys have had me in tears....

Have to do this again....

T_Man