1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An open letter to Dan Fegan from Rockets fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houactuar, Sep 23, 2014.

1. houactuar

houactuar Member

Dear Dan,
    The rumor here is that you were able to deny Rockets fans of one last year of Chandler Parsons. Rumor is Dwight wanted to play Harden in Houston, but you didn't like it. Not sure what you have against Houston, is that some prejudice they taught you at Yale law school?

Anyway, in your "celebrity net worth" bio it says you are known for your "chess like way of working with clients, managers and agents". But even in chess there are rules. It seems like you are breaking the rules. If you represent Howard, isn't it better for Howard if Parsons, a talented player, is still here in Houston? What if Houston loses in the playoffs next year because Parsons is not in Houston helping Howard to win games? I understand you represent Parsons too. But that shouldn't come into play when you are negotiating Howard's contract, should it? Should you make agreements that hurt Howard while negotiating for Howard? Seems like a breach of your fiduciary duty in representing Howard. It's also probably against NBA rules to make under the table verbal deals, aside from the ethical violation of fiduciary interests in representing Howard. But, who knows, these are just rumors, right?

Of course, Houston could have matched Parsons contract, but that would leave no money and put them up to the apron or salary cap precluding a deal this year to again help the team and help Howard win a title. And what of the forgone endorsement deals Howard could get if he won a title or that he loses those deals if Parsons is not here.

So you hurt Houston already it seems, by getting Morey to opt out of Parsons last year as your precondition to let Dwight come to Houston. Still boggles my mind why this is part of Dwight's deal given it hurts Dwight, why helping you with your other clients when it hurts Dwight's goal of winning a title is part of his deal....

But this makes me think, if you did it before, why would you not do it again? Clearly Mark Cuban wanted Howard when he was a free agent. So why would Cuban pay $45M to get Parsons when he is not worth that? Would it be possible that you are playing chess again? Maybe you made a promise to Cuban that IF he agreed to pay Parsons way more than his worth, that you could deliver Howard too. Maybe your plan is to get Howard to opt out in 2016 and go to the Mavs. If that happens, we will find out about it. And your illegal game of chess will be exposed. You will be barred from the NBA as an agent.

In fact, if Howard EVER leaves Houston, your secrets will be exposed. The only way Howard should opt out is to resign with Houston for less money, like Dirk did, so that he can play with better players here in Houston.

We like Howard here in Houston, don't you ever try to take him away from us. We are watching you. Do the right thing. If that means dishonoring your illegal deal with Cuban, what can he do about it? Can he complain? Clearly not.

Now there may be a way to make up to our city for your sins of taking Parsons from us when he should still be here under his rookie contract. I'm thinking Rubio or Wall should push to come here with favorable contracts in an upcoming trade for some D leaguers. Make it happen.

Signed,
    A Rockets Fan

2. bmd

bmd Member

:rolleyes: Speak for yourself...

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Looks like there is an extra s in the title..

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Signed,
    A Really Really Really Upset and Angry and Pissed Off SO Much at You, Mister! 13-Year-Old Rockets Fan

P.S. I'm not even kidding about watching you! I know hacking and stuff!!!!!!1

6. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

"your sins"

"make it happen."

"your secrets will be exposed"

"you will be barred from the NBA as an agent"

you, a nobody, sound commanding and comes off as threatening him. lol what is this?

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

bravo OP, I'm sure fegan pissed his pants reading these lines

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Honestly, I'm glad the way things end with Ariza replacing Parsons. Parsons is a good player but there was no way he and Harden could ever exist, especially if Parsons believes himself to be "a franchise player", something he isn't, and doesn't play defense.

But yeah, close up this thread.

10. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

My open letter to Dan Fegan:

Dear Dan,

Please **** off and eat a dick.

Yours sincerely,
    seetow1

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, that was painful.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't read after the first paragraph.

As scummy as Fegan is, he doesn't care. His client got PAID, and therefore so did he.

13. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Dear Dan,

Can you be my agent when I go ask for a raise? Thanks!

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hate Fegan? Really?

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I wrote one

Dear dan,

I don't like you.

-ccorn

Ps. Thanks for Dwight.

Pps. Who is cyberx?

16. LiveEatSleepRox

We all have our own ways of dealing with rough times, some just take a little while longer to translate from ass to internet.

17. kemah

kemah Member

Dear Fagan

Thanks for making it where we can get a better player at a more reasonable cost.

Kemah

18. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Someone should hack his email and leak all his conversation with Cuban if Howard-Dallas is discussed lol

20. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Well, I'll give you houactuar a nod for consistency. His posts in the GARM are about as flush-worthy as those in the D&D.

1 person likes this.