1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How the Country Roots for College Football

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Honestly I think it's both redundant and derivative, University Park should have acquired TSU and razed Third Ward; between the extra potential facilities and location they should have been able to match UT and A&M on enrollment, resources and size and made it an appealing enough option for traditional students that they wouldn't have had to create Clear Lake or Sugarland annexes. No reason to have a competing, co-dependent institution a bus-ride away.

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

This is based on facebook likes not a true gage to be honest.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What bugs me most about UT fans is that most of them didn't even go there. I always think it is stupid when someone goes to another school but is a UT sports fan. Lame as lame can be

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even in the zip code where the U of Minnesota is located the Wisconsin Badgers are more popular than the Gophers.

5. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yeah, I think that map is extremely inaccurate....but the colors do look pretty :grin:

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Mathematically that logic would completely negate the entire history of college football fandom. What percentage of the population do you think went to college before the '80s, or completed high school before the '60s? What percentage of college enrollees now go to major D-I programs, which are usually just the flagship or top two or three colleges in every state?

7. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Bad thing about being in Texas, don't wanna root for Texas or A&M
    And UOfH, my school, sucks