1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Blame Morey Blame....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketMania1991, Feb 24, 2011.

1. RocketMania1991

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These two guys right here. They both were/are a burden on our payroll. Like them as players or not they both are at fault for where the franchise currently sits.

Everyone thinks Morey did a bad job "blahblahblahblah".

Well Morey hasn't even been able to ever actually do what he wants because this duo of non-achievers has been weighing it down for the longest time.

But hey at least the Rockets actually got something in return for Mcgrady's contract. To bad we couldn't do anything with the 7'6 monster on the bench.

It is just ridiculous that people try to grade Morey already when the guy has been inhibited by these gargantuan contracts that he had no part of.

I'll save my opinion on Morey once he actually has a fair shot at handling the roster.

Hard to compose a good roster with 40 million+ dollars going down the drain every year.

Kind of sad that had this franchise taken a bust in the draft that year we would arguably be in a better situation now.

Drafting Yao=Trading for Mcgrady=Reason why we are currently where we stand.

Not trying to rag on Yao/Mcgrady. But don't be so quick to judge Morey when the guy hasn't even had a legitimate shot to form a roster.

2. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Morey decided to build around two injury prone players instead of trading them. He is an idiot.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I really thought this was going to say. THE AH ah ah ahalcohol

4. Dei

Dei Member

[​IMG]

We've been doing that for years you idiot.

[​IMG]

Actually did his rehab. Modern science just wasn't enough to foretell what else could go wrong.

5. RocketMania1991

I'm fairly confident that if Morey had his way he would of adiosed the combination of Mcgrady/Yao long before.

But neither of them were really tradeable with their injury history/mammoth contracts.

And I think this guy probably wouldn't let Yao go......
    [​IMG]

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

Very good post. I wish some fans on this board could understand this. Morey has done very well with these shackles on him. IMO

7. Spooner

Spooner Member

Dude...... Morey nothing to do with them. EPIC FAIL.

8. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Above all else, don't blame Yao. He tried his hardest and his body couldn't take it after a while. When he was healthy he was the best center in the league and that's why we kept trying to build around him.

But don't blame Yao, that man is pure class and put his heart into this team.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Morey would never had traded Yao anytime before this season and only traded TMac when he requested to be traded. He too felt those two were our centerpieces when he came here and tried to rebuild around them until we couldn't anymore.

10. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

11. RocketMania1991

Not sure how to break this to you but I'm not exempting Yao from any blame.

As a Rockets fan these two contracts set us back years and I'll put the blame on Les,Yao,Mcgrady. Anyone involved with those contracts. Even if they couldn't foresee the injuries coming.

12. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Uh no CD did

13. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

You pay the best center in the league the money he deserves and that's what happened.

However injuries screwed everything up and that is how we got to the current situation. Yao did nothing wrong.

14. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Yeah we should have drafted Jay Williams in 2002 so that we could start rebuilding earlier. :rolleyes:

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Can we trade owners?

Also blame Francis for getting us that 1st pick which resulted in Yao.

16. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

agree.
    he had many times to trade mac and yao for other good players...
    billups, prince <=> tmac... :(

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. ribbit

ribbit Member

Hmmm...

And maybe Les has a specific instruction to DM to not trade Yao in the past seasons. Rockets is the 4th highest worth (accdg. to Forbes, was it?) NBA franchise because of Yao. This is, after all, still business.

So, yeah. Don't blame Morey yet. Still a good GM. Not great, but good.

19. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

He had chances to trade them while they still had value and he didn't. They are entirely his fault.

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Why does somebody have to be blamed. I still feel plenty confident that all of the Rockets are working hard to win. Even Yao Ming, Mr. Glass himself, was busting his ass to get on the floor and win games. I don't think there is one crucial, incompetent error that dragged the Rockets down some primrose path, but even if there was, I forgive it. The NBA is a series of gambles from the opening tip to managing the salary cap. The Rockets placed their bets and crapped out. It sucks, and I can't claim to know what to do about it.

I think Daryl Morey is a top GM, Rick Adelman is a top coach, and Les Alexander is a fine owner. The Rockets players frustrate me, but God knows they're running it out there every night and doing their best. I'm not inclined to "blame" anybody. The Rockets just have to keep rolling those dice, I suppose. Unfortunately, it's the fans that have to keep anteing up.

1 person likes this.