1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Oct 13, 2010.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

What's been going on with him lately? We kept hearing that he is the most NBA ready rookie, but he hasn't really been doing much at all in the preseason...

How much should we really expect to see from him?

2. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

9 boards in 18 minutes not too bad had 6 points too I think. Better production and less time than Favors.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Probably gonna get buried on the bench by Adelman like Drazen Petrovic and Gerald Wallace, leave for another team and then blossom. Maybe get killed in car crash a few years later. It's sad.

To be serious: Way too early to tell. Rookies, even once who turn out useful, have learning curves to deal with. Ben Gordon, who turned out to be one fo the better shooter/scorers in the NBA, spend his first couple months as a pro killing my fantasy team. Patterson looks to be a step slow now reacting to the pro game (the opponents, teammates, the Rockets motion offense, the groupies, etc.) but he seems to be learning.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

poor taste, carl

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So we are getting the bad Carl today? :confused:

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Too soon...

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

In todays game, he played very good defense and was all over the boards. I'd say he just needs to keep getting some play and he will blossom sooner than later.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He seems to be going through and adjustment period. Give him time. Perhaps he's just getting used to the speed.

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

2-Pat had some nice moments this morning in the Nets game, but he was not looking comfortable most of the time. Jordan Hill is a much better player, at this point, whether at PF or at C. I expect both 2-Pat and Hill to blossom, but I think Hill has far greater potential.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jack of all trades. Master of nothing.

11. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Comedy rule of thumb with death = 7 years..

How long has it been, btw??

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I find it interesting that this thread topic follows after he has done better in his last two outings. The second half of the last game and the second quarter of this one he looked more like himself.

It's likely that he's just adjusting... that's what Rookies do.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think he should work more on post moves and his shooting. He seems a little hesitant when he gets the ball.

14. Orion025

Orion025 Member

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt. His passes and fundamentals look solid but he is still showing some nerves.

In a way he kind of reminds me of Carl Landry as a preseason rookie and everyone had their doubts about him. We lingered on signing him to a contract and everyone kept wanting to keep Harris on the roster instead of him. After all that he eventually turned into the beast we all miss. Pat just needs a chance to adjust and get more comfortable on the floor and in Adelman's system. Hopefully he can breakout and become the next Mandry!

15. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

My general rule on jokes regarding tragic death has no statute of limitation -- its generally in bad taste.

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

He is a Rookie on a talented and deep squad, he will probably show flashes but we won't see him get serious time until next season or later. Dude has lots to work on and he has the time to do so, don't need to rush the guy.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Carl Landry looked like crap early in his career too.

DD

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

17 years.

20. Rockets_4_life

See that's the thing, if we were going to draft a guy to develop why not draft a guy with more upside that PP, some one like Larry Sanders for example..

The guy's upside is tremendous.... 6'11 with a 7'6 wingspan..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V9MX4nNg138?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V9MX4nNg138?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>