1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Ravens @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sunday Noon on CBS. Announcers are Andrew Catalon/Steve Tasker/

2. conquistador#11

it will be the battlefight of battlefights.
    And we will be winning until NRGRENDEL devours all the players on the field. game ends in a tie.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Who's your Thaddy? or Casey Countdown Keenum will lead us to victory!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

This is our Super Bowl, we must defeat Kubes. To do it with a scrub qb would be even sweeter.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Here's something that will make you laugh: I was listening to WSCR from Chicago this morning and they are considering replacement coaches for Marc (Dead Man Coaching) Trestman. Amongst the candidates mentioned was one Gary Kubiak. I ended up LMAO.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This game is less exciting now that we're down to 4th string QB's, but if it's Keenum making his return it'll at least be exciting for that reason.....though we'll almost certainly lose unless the defense has a big day.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

What a perfect storm if Keenum had a big game, beat the Ravens and Kubiak, and totally redeemed himself? Not likely, but fun to think about.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Remind me again why did we let Owen Daniels go?

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I would love to see that.

10. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Get ready to see the gatorade being poured on Kubiak after the Ravens win lol. I can see it now lol.

11. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

The Failure is strong with this one.

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I remember years ago, the topic of Cutler v Schaub came up here (right around the time Cutler was dealt) and I advocated - in this theoretical discussion - for Cutler, primarily on the basis that I thought he would thrive in Kubiak's system.

I don't think it's a ridiculous idea. Kubiak was 37-27 with two playoff wins (one with a 3rd string rookie QB) before the bottom collapsed in 2014. He has proven again in Baltimore (as he did here) that he's capable of maximizing QB talent and his running game remains remarkably productive (imagine him getting his hands on Forte, based on what he's done with Forsett). If the idea is that Cutler is an anchor that the Bears can't get rid of - man, they could do a lot worse than Kubiak in terms of trying to salvage that guy's career.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not a bad idea if you give him a good D

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

We'll win...then Manziel beats the Ravens the following week and the Texans are in the playoffs, traveling to Pittsburgh.

I see it clearly.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

By all accounts, he's well liked, is very professional, and has had upper echelon offenses at every one of his coaching stints (including the Super Bowl teams in Denver).

Like the other poster mentioned, you just gotta make sure you have a defensive coordinator that will completely run that side of the ball without Kubiak's involvement.

Gary certainly hasn't hurt his future coaching chances this year... far worse retreads have gotten another chance.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Imagine Kubiak and Rex Ryan.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yeah but that job description sounds more like an OC versus a HC.

FWIW special teams under Kubiak, like the defense, were also more miss than hit.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm in a pick-ems league at the job. I'm in first place with an eight game lead on the guy in second place. I haven't picked against the Texans all season long, but I think that'll change this week. I want to lock this thing up and pre-spend this $500 that I'm going to win week after next.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

*Sigh*.....

Already making plans with the family, a more productive Sunday.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't worry, the weather will change back to being fair sooner rather than later and I'm sure you'll be back supporting the team then.