1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Ravens @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 16, 2014.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol, i dont know, apparently its Malletts alias.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I can't imagine anyone else starting. He has the most experience in the system and the most experience with the players on the team. He'd have to come in and REALLY stink it up to not be the starter this week.

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

4. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Keenum really plays it up for the media.
    He wants to stay in Houston.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

yep, I didnt know the Cardinals, traded their 3rd string QB, who is starting this week against Seattle to Houston, and he got hurt playing for the texans. :grin:

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's basically impossible to hate Kubiak as a person.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gary Kubiak on the reaction he expects at NRG on Sunday: “I’ve bought enough damn tickets, so somebody better clap for me.&quot;</p>&mdash; Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nick_Mathews/status/545995684801806336">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Progs

Progs Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>QB Case Keenum, who the Houston Texans signed on Monday, will START for the team this weekend (via <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl">@caplannfl</a>) <a href="http://t.co/E4e7B05fnn">pic.twitter.com/E4e7B05fnn</a></p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/546002160807182337">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Worst kept secret ever.

9. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

lol
    OB said *** it

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Im sure Elvis and Suggs are laughing.

11. Win

Win Contributing Member

I have a friend at work who is convinced Thadeus will start. He basis that on something he says BO'b said at the end of an interview or press conference suggesting (I paraphrase) there would surprises or surprise plays. It got me thinking as secretive as BO'b is that I guess it could happen that Thadeus might start, just have to doubt it.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Why? Despite the Houston circle jerk, Kubiak is pretty well respected around the league. Players love him, owners love him. He is probably better suited to be an OC, but Kubes IMO is a solid head coach at the least.

13. Buck Turgidson

He and Robert Earl Keen are basically the same person, just swap out a football for a guitar. Laid back aggie.

14. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking the other day that he might be a good fit in Atlanta if Mike Smith gets fired. He'd have a ready-made troika of Ryan-Jones-White and could try to find a late-round RB to run his ZBS. That seems to be a better spot than Chicago due to the QB situation even though they have Forte-Marshall-Jeffrey in place already.

I do think Kubiak will get another shot, and it will be very unfortunate for us if he "figures things out" better in his second gig. I think that's the reason Jerrah is hanging on to Garrett so long. He doesn't want all the OTJ training to go to waste and another team reaps the benefits.

15. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I expect this to be a run heavy game plan for the Texans. I think O Biak will limit Case to as least throws as possible.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hoping O'Belichek will say fark it and open up the field and throw everything in the playbook at em.

17. conquistador#11

from hearing former gms and coaches talking about the griffin jr jr situation. basically, how a coach is not always on board if it's not his guy. why get hitched with him and risk getting fired? I suspected that was the case with case. but as this preseason kept going, case was still having trouble dumping off that ball when the blitz came. bizzare because a great rb as a safety blanket and the line gelling that shouldn't be such a glaring problem. and then wade phillips said on friday that case was the best qb out of anybody already here. wade a COF?

all I know is if we don't find a qb, we're going to have problems. i=) I don't care who he is, just give us consistent qb play for the next 10 seasons.

18. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

That game plan sucks. Ravens have an awesome front 7 and **** secondary.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hope to see plenty of Case early and often.

They won't be ready.

20. Remix

Remix Member

Over/Under on how many 10+ yard sacks Keenum takes? Im at 2.5