1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Floridians] Road Rage instant karma

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RV6, Mar 27, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/3XqZoaWKv2k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/3XqZoaWKv2k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

But I guess shooting a video, while driving, is ok...

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

lmao wow

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

omg that was hilarious, thankfully nobody was hurt!

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

She shouldn't be holding her phone while driving and recording like that, AND she should move from the leftmost lane to allow faster vehicles to pass. :eek: BOTH a-holes.

1 person likes this.
  5. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I'm glad he got his comeuppance, however, she was partially in the wrong for blocking the passing lane. I dislike people who enforce the speed limit by driving at the speed limit in the right lane and not passing.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If it's not a freeway (which it wasn't), there are vehicles in the right lane (which there were) and you're going to be turning left soon (as she said she would be), why does she have to move over?

7. dragician

dragician Member

so many idiots like this in Houston too.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

She was impeding traffic.

She could've very easily changed lanes starting at the 51 second mark in the video. If the truck behind her had enough space to change lanes, then so did she.

Also, she was at least 3 miles away from her turn. She had plenty of time to change lanes and then change back.

1 person likes this.
  9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

This person is way too proud of their behavior.... left lane is for passing, and if I was trying to get around them and I saw her using her phone/camera while driving like that when I finally got my chance to get up there, I'd be pissed too. Had she not been acting that way, he might not have felt the need to get around her so quickly, and might not have wrecked. She, or others, could have gotten hurt, too. Love the "I've recorded circumstances like this before" part. I bet you have.

That said, drive that fast in the rain, like that, while angry... that's what ya get.

I say, DRAW. Both are asshats.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Going the speed limit on a non-freeway road is not "impeding traffic".

Good luck with that defense in traffic court.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I can't see the video, but if this is a normal road, not a freeway, then the left lane rule doesn't apply.

12. updawg

updawg Member

They are both wrong

You can tell she was going the same speed as the truck next to her so he couldn't get around. People that do that should be killed

He deserves what he got for going full r****d though

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Why can't you see the video?

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

When your slow driving is forcing other drivers to drive slow, that's impeding traffic.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Ok, they both were idiots, but he was definitely the bigger idiot. Why film it? Why go to that much effort to flip her off? It would have been instant karma if she then also crashed because she was too concentrated on filming the damn thing.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Cause I'm blind, *******.

;)

It's blocked at work for some reason.

17. updawg

updawg Member

Yeah, It would have been nice if she wrecked. She was egging him on by driving slow next to the truck and filming. She's no innocent victim

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The tail-gate is done by the driver behind to let the driver ahead know they should get over as they are driving too slow in the passing lane. Like many women, they completely act oblivious what the passing lane is for and don't get over...ticking off many drivers who then have to go around. Unfortunately for this guy in the truck, he went a bit too far on wet roads and wrecked. But, she fits what the stereotypical women do as far as clogging up the fast lane. I see it every morning on the way to work...and I see it on the way home. I notice men do the same thing...but not as much. But, on the way home from work, it is pretty much gender neutral who is clogging the fast lane and these people are almost always on their cellphones as well making it all the worse. Most people have to call home on their way home to let their SO know they are on their way home (like that is not really known from a daily, repetitive pattern).

I'm just saying I understand why the truck driver was mad. And, I don't think it escalated until the camera came into play and the driver saw that.

#18 Surfguy, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I guess y'all didnt read the OP :p

Perhaps she could have moved safely, but she does address it. I'm sure she was "out to get him" anyway, but one should not expect her to speed up just so someone, who is allegedly speeding, can get through.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

But, the video clearly showed she could have gotten over as the guy in the truck ended up passing her on the right...so that's a bunch of bull. At that point, she didn't care because she was in her own little world.