1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Girl problems] What the hell is wrong with me?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by htwnbandit, Feb 24, 2014.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Seriously, it's pissing me off. Basically there's this good looking girl that I like in my class (freshman, college) and she's one of those quiet types that look real cold and scary. I'm one of those proverbial shy guys when it comes to that sort of thing, and I've gotten her to acknowledge me during class with stupid excuses like asking for a pencil, but during crunch time when I try to actually talk to her when the class ends I just get paralyzed, freeze, choke etc. and never do it. It's been this way for a month plus and it's pissing me off. It's not as simple as "just talk to her, you ****ing p***y" for me. I just mentally go brain-dead in these situations. What the hell is wrong with me, and what would you do?

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Maybe try interacting with her via another medium. Chat with her on Facebook, or maybe send a text?

3. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Ask her if she needs a ride ride.

1 person likes this.
  4. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Just talk to her like you don't want to **** her. Then when she warms up start flirting.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Confidence issue. In all honesty, it's college. Just go up to her, ask her about something in class to start conversation, then ask her to get something to eat. Worst case scenario, she says no. Otherwise, you have a long road ahead of you when it comes to girls.

Confidence is key, why should you be shy or nervous? If you're smart, funny, anything that's not a rock, play to your strengths and be yourself. If she doesn't dig it, then move along

6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Like what he said.

You are overthinking it bro.

Also, try to work on your confidence.

Act the same way to her as if you don't like her --- it could help you.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Some things are far more simple than your mind has made them to be. When you think about it too much you add unnecessary anxiety. Don't think about it. Next time you see her, say hello and ask about her a question that requires something other than a yes or no answer. Don't think about the question, just say the first thing that pops in your mind when you see her. Be confident and aggressive. Not to be harsh, but if she wanted a shy p***y she would already be talking to you.

1 person likes this.
  8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Don't take her so seriously, for all you know she's not into you or a bad fit. Once you accept that reality, it'll be easier for you to talk to her. Right now, you feel like it's her or nothing and it's putting too much pressure on you to make it work.

3 people like this.
  9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

When was the last time you washed your dick?

10. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Nah, that's totally true. I'm not that way around friends even if they're good looking girls, so I must be overthinking it when it comes to somebody I do like. It's sort of a cycle for me. I know for a fact I can be funny and cool, and hold a conversation but I've got a tendency to sometimes sound really awkward and talk too fast/stutter when I'm nervous, and that's what makes me freeze during the proverbial crunch time. I've just got to put my big boy pants on or something.

11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Ask her about the class.
    Ask her about what she got on her quizes/exams.

School related stuff. Start from there and move on?

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

not sure if that really works for everyone

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Try practicing on strangers.

14. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Does she ever get there early? If so, get there early too where it's easier to chat for a couple of minutes. Startup conversation by asking her one of the following, perhaps...

how her semester is going? how many hours taking, toughest classes, etc?

how she feels about the class so far (or maybe talk about the professor being good/terrible/etc)?

where is she from?

After talking a few times maybe you get more comfortable and can ask her out.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Whip. It. Out.

17. VanityHalfBlack

What would a 5 year old do in this situation?

18. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

typical answer and its **** advice TBH.
    he cant say just anything because his mind is literally ****ing blank... i know because ive been there many a time.

OP:
    i came up with my own trick... the 5 W's.
    who? what? where? when? why?
    all open ended questions that any subject can be attached to. after her response, comment or ask about her answer with your own experience. i like to tease/banter/satire what she says and not always right away... bring it back up later. (she'll know your genuine, by remembering) plus laughing eases the mood.

and if you do get her #. do NOT text her unless confirming plans to meet in person... keep it short.
    conversations, witty lines, and bull**** texts are for friendzoned suckers.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You might be eligible for a 10 day NBA contract.

20. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

fortune favors the bold my friend. b!tches are really turned on by confident acts like whipping it out.