1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Lebron (hypothetically) end up in Houston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by K-Low_4_Prez, Feb 18, 2014.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Not going to post this in the GARM as it is purely hypothetical and half the posters in there would crap all over me but...

Would it be even possible for the Rockets to somehow get Lebron in the offseason?

I know we obviously don't have the cap room but say Lebron sees what we got and says "I want to go to Houston." (Far fetched I know!!!) Could we do a sign and trade?

I mean if I'm Miami and Lebron says he wants to leave i would prefer to get something rather than nothing. I think a deal of Lebron for Parsons, Asik and Lin is pretty reasonable. Especially if they resign Wade and Bosh...

A lineup of Lin, Wade, Parson, Bosh and Asik could do damage in the East.

What do y'all think? I know it will (Probably) never happen. Am I just completely stupid for thinking theres a chance?

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There aren't enough facepalm.gif's on the internet to post regarding this thread, so just one will have to do...

[​IMG]

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Not sure if serious.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Let me hypothetically get what your smoking, please.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

LMAO, Harden + Howard for Lebron probably wouldn't get it done.

8. chongx04

chongx04 Member

I would (hypothetically) personally give Daryl Morey the best fellatio he's ever had if this were to happen.

That is, if I didn't (hypothetically) OD from whatever I (hypothetically) got from your drug dealer.

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Again this is really just asking if it is possible for a sign and trade to happen. like would the salaries matchup, and are there any restrictions when it comes to what can be traded in a sign and trade. obviously it isn't going to happen but if this were possible i don't see why the Rockets wouldn't be in the running.

I mean we sit here and talk about Kevin Love and Kevin Durant all the time... whats the difference between clearing out the cap room when there contracts run out and just trading them away now?

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

11. makio9

makio9 Member

Hypothetically yes. Lin and Asik's contracts expire during the next summer of lebron I thought?

Wade's health is looking sketchy to say the least. I think he's done. Wouldn't surprise me if lebron bolted Maimi after this year.

It would require not paying Parson's though obviously and basically making no moves until then.

All that on the basis that Lebron's contract ends at the end of next year, which I can't be bothered looking up

12. Swedish_Rocket

He can (hypothetically) do any thing he wants...but will he? nope.

13. makio9

makio9 Member

I'm assuming Daryl Morey has already thought about that and created the space on purpose Ala Dwight Howard. That's why I'm assuming Lin and Asik come off the books when Lebron is free

14. thething

thething Contributing Member

First of all--Lebron would never leave Miami for Houston. Let's get that clear.

But just to be purely hypothetical here, if Lebron wanted to be in Houston, Morey could make it happen. Basically, Morey would just have to pay other teams to take on the contracts of Lin and Asik--using first round picks. Then Houston would sign Lebron outright.

There are a lot of restrictions to sign and trades in the new CBA--I don't think that is a viable option.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

he aint going anywhere

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lin and Asik won't be on this team if that happened

17. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Why in the world would lebron want to leave his back to back champipnship superfriends and his "bow down to the king" fanbase?

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Miami doesn't really have a say in the matter if Lebron wants to leave... anything a team gives them in a sign and trade is simply a good jester by Lebron. I mean Miami only had to give Cleveland 2 future 1st round and 2 future 2nd round draft picks when they did a sign and trade for Lebron in 2010.

19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Hypothetically it's possible for me to have an orgy with the Jessica Alba, Adriana Lima, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Sofia Vergara, and Minka Kelly. About the same probabilities of that happening.