1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some Michal Jordan Ex-Teammates Have Said Kobe is Better

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shroopy2, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Some of Michael Jordan Ex-Teammates Have Said Kobe is Better

Blasphemy?! Some Of Michael Jordan’s Ex-Teammates Have Said Kobe Bryant “Is Better”

[​IMG]

#1 Shroopy2, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

so kobe is a better shooter, but has a lower fg%? so he's better?

he's a better ballhandler? and yet he averages more turnovers.

so are they saying kobe is equal to MJ in scoring? defense? winning? so those 2 tip the favor in kobe's?

wow they must hate michael jordan with a passion.

3. houseofglass21

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Jordan is top 5 of all time easily

4. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

the ex-teammate proly meant Kobe's a better 3pt shooter.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you purely look at skillset, there is an argument. But as we know from McGrady, skillset isn't all there is to playing NBA basketball.

6. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

LOL michael jordans stats dont lie . how is kobe better than mj ?

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Kobe's a better "tough shot" maker -- like hitting a contested 25 footer. Better ball-handler, arguably. I think Phil Jackson has made similar comments.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Any doubt that this ex-teammate is Horace Grant?

9. clippy

clippy Member

That's just a nice way of saying Kobe is a bigger chucker.

10. Mr. Space City

like durvasa said, kobe is a better "tough shot maker" than jordan due to kobe's poor shot selection.

so in that context i guess kobe is a better shooter than jordan.

11. jlwee

jlwee Member

MJ ex teammates? Probably MJ ex-Wizards teammates who never seen MJ in his prime.

Kobe better shooter than MJ?
    Probably. Kobe's shots is so smooth. But MJ definite has higher basketball IQ and didnt force shots i.e shots selection compared to Kobe who seems like to force shots.

Kobe better ball handler than MJ?
    MJ's big hands made him better ball handler than kobe!

12. Shroopy2

Didnt think of the Wizards part

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think it's hard to say who's a better ball handler from a fan perspective. Jordan was more controlled, while Kobe had more reason to use his dribbling more. Perhaps Kobe was better or maybe MJ just didnt have to show more of his skills. I think Jax would know, since he's seent hem practice tons of times.

If Kobe had polished his post game earlier, and limited his 3 pointers, this would be a pretty close argument. The fact that Kobe won, then lost, then won again sort of screwed with his development, compared to MJ's. He had to, or felt he had to, shoot more 3s to carry his team.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

kobe has better lawyers, thats a fact!

15. clippy

clippy Member

Best lawyers since OJ.

16. Francis 4 ever

"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that...Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

"I hope there's a jumpshot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to be named after a Big Ten school." - Michael on Will Perdue

Anyone know why one of his teammates wouldn't like him?

17. Shroopy2

Kobe is better than Michal Jordan

But now Michael Jordan, thats debatable...

(Title fail, my bad. I edited the title but it hasnt changed. But if you want to correct me on my grammar through the rep system, you can)

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the rest were mean, but that's just funny.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Good point.

Maybe Jahidi White?

20. hasan08

hasan08 Member

there is no argument that jordan was the better player.

He played against all the greats. Alot of which were centers. Which made it much tougher. I would say kobe is close though.