1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Opera Browser - Free Download Today (ads-free version)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TraJ, Aug 30, 2005.

1. TraJ

TraJ Member

It's the tenth anniversary of the Opera browser, and they're offering free registration of the ads-free version today.

http://my.opera.com/community/party/reg.dml

I doubt I'll switch from Firefox, but I wouldn't mind also having an ads-free version of Opera -- as long as I don't have to pay the typical $40 for it. I thought some of you might want to get it as well.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WTF? What country is that little Hispanic/Asian/Eskimo dude standing on? That don' look like no earth to me, main.

3. Ollie

Ollie Member

What is better in Opera than in Firefox? I really like fire fox, but I'm thinking something you usually have to pay for is better.

4. TraJ

TraJ Member

I'm not sure one is better than the other. I prefer Firefox, but I'm sure others prefer Opera.

5. Heath

Heath Member

Thank you very much for the heads up, now my Opera is registered. :)

Oh and he is pretty much standing on my home. :eek:

6. micah1j

micah1j Member

Looks like Norway to me.

7. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I downloaded it and its pretty cool. Hard to tell but it seems faster than firefox though im pretty lost without my firefox extentions.

8. max14

max14 Member

Yeah thanks. Opera is cool.

9. max14

max14 Member

And I agree I think that's a Norwagian dude standing on Norway.

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Only problem with Opera is that it is a pain in the ass for website developers because it handles HTML and CSS differently than any other browser. In some ways, it is worse than IE. Fortunately, so few people use it that it is generally rendered un-important.