1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons is the main reason Rockets has been playing well lately

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Jan 23, 2012.

1. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

In first 10 games of the season, Chandler Parsons didn’t play much and Rockets played terrible. But last 6 games, when and after McHale gave Parsons a starting job, Rockets have started responding well lately. I don’t know what it is but Parsons’ impact and contribution to Rockets is huge. He can rebound, steal, block, and even assists. He has a big body. Is it true that he helps Rockets to turn around and starts winning? What do you think?

2. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

He may be the main reason our D is better lately thats for sure. He's turning into quite a force on that end. If he was a bit more aggressive on the offensive end, he would be really turning heads.

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

His defense really helps. I think the horrible teams we have played recently helps too

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His D and rebounding have been oustanding, and his movement off the ball and willingness to move the ball has been great on offense.

A nice addition, I hope he keeps up the intensity as the league figures out his game.

DD

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Yes I agree. Kyle Lowry, K-Mart & Dalembert have nothing to do with it, it is all Chandler P.

6. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Not trying to be too picky here, but Parsons has been starting for 9 games now, not 6...It was the first 7 that he wasn't starting.

I love the way Parsons plays. But I think you may be giving him a bit too much credit. His defense is what's keeping him out on the floor. His putbacks are amazing, though it's been a few games since his last big putback. Anyway, there are multiple factors that go into us winning; Parsons is just one of them.

In no particular order:
    Samuel Dalembert is having the best stretch of games in his career
    Chandler Parsons is starting
    Bench coming back from injuries (Lee and Patterson)
    Solid rotation down (no more experimenting with players and combinations)
    More practice and playing time together is building chemistry
    Weak home schedule lately
    Lowry's shot is back

Again, not to take anything away from Parsons, but there is a lot to our winning lately. Parsons is a big part of it, but not the MAIN reason.

1 person likes this.
  7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I think the Rockets' recent success has more to do w/ the emergence of the Haitian Sensation... scoring efficiently (leads the league in FG%), defending the rim, and ripping down offensive boards.

8. Juck_The_Fazz

Juck_The_Fazz Member

lets get better than the jazz

9. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Parsons has been awesome . . . I wish he could play 48 . . .

10. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Man I love parsons. Proving alot of people wrong.

Can't believe not too long ago people said he was a 15th man, d-leaguer, benchwarmer, etc. So glad he proved me and alot of other wrong.

11. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

Lol with mchale as coach..be careful what you wish for..he just might play him 48 mins sometime this season

12. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Yeah I agree with you. Also, Rockets 7-2 when Parsons starts but 2-5 when Parsons on bench.

13. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I forgot to add. For 7-2 when Parsons started, those two losses were very close games against contender teams.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wrong. The main reason is opponent quality decreased dramatically.

15. Rocket_Man_2.0

Parson?!...every one knows Dalembert is the main reason we've been winning...Lowry playing like an Allstar is 2nd..benching Bud & Hill is 3rd...and 4th is the emergence of Parsons:grin:

16. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

get that logical nonsense out of here.

17. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I know it's funny but I really think Chandler Parsons make everybody better.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I love the way Parsons is playing but don't you think the level of compitition has had something to do with our current winning streak. That and the fact that Dalembert has been playing like a man possesed?

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

There are a lot of factors as to why the Rockets are playing well .... Parsons is one of them.

I have to wonder what his upside is .... He has the size to create mismatches with most SF's and the quickness to do the same with most PF's.

If he can polish his offensive game both facing up and in the post he could turn out to be something special. He could be what many here think Morris can be at the SF spot. I think the tools are there ....

20. AussieRocket

AussieRocket Member

... plus two losses very close: had double-digits lead in both, one is a 3pt, the other overtime...

but it's not just Parsons over Bud. It's Dalambert over Hill, too