1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Kolb arrested for drunk boating

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by raj87, Jun 30, 2014.

1. raj87

raj87 Member

Reserving judgement regarding this substance abuser.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24601991/free-agent-qb-kevin-kolb-arrested-for-boating-under-the-influence?v=1&vc=1

[​IMG]

Former Bills quarterback Kevin Kolb spent a few hours in jail over the weekend after being arrested in Texas. According to 956sports.com, Kolb was arrested in Willacy County on June 28 on suspicion of boating under the influence.

Kolb was released from jail on Sunday after paying a $3,000 bond, according to ValleyCentral.com.

The 29-year-old quarterback was released by the Bills in March after playing in zero regular season games with the team. Kolb suffered a preseason concussion and was never cleared to play after that.

The quarterback's bad luck in Buffalo also included an incident last August where he slipped on a rubber mat while walking on the team's practice field and tweaked his knee.

Kolb signed with the Bills after spending two seasons in Arizona (2011-12) where he went 6-8 as a starter. Kolb also spent four seasons with the Eagles, beginning in 2007 when Philadelphia selected him with the 36th overall pick in the NFL Draft.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

typical.

Football playing thug and criminal. Looks like Obama's son.

They ran/are running a renegade program at the University of Houston.

Drunk boating? He never played for the Vikings did he?

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He got paid.

/thread

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

rednecks gonna redneck

5. raj87

raj87 Member

He needs to be less marina and more yacht club.

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I am 99% sure that he will get the case dismissed or be found not guilty. BWIs are much harder than DWIs to prosecute.

Who among us hasn't gotten drunk on a mother****ing boat?

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Were there some baseball players who died from this during the '80s? I'm thinking beside that horrible Florida Keys or Bermuda thing with those NFL guys a few years back.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Checking in. When I was younger, a friend's dad died this way. Jumped off the boat after heavy drinking, didn't come back up. Taught me a very important lesson there.

Regarding Kolb, I always had my doubts he'd amount to much in the NFL.

9. SuraGotMadHops

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's hard for me to imagine someone driving a boat while not drinking. I don't think I've ever seen it before.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Uh oh this dude just got more appealing to the Cowboys, look out Romo!

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I recognize that boating while drunk can be a serious thing and people can get seriously hurt and/or killed, but I've always felt like it was just expected that anyone that was out driving a recreational boat is either drunk or in the process of getting drunk.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

He is now eligible for the Raiders starting qb position.