1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Floyd Mayweather to fight Cotto

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by lue03, Feb 1, 2012.

1. BreakYoSelfFool

Im surprised Floyd will fight Cotto at 154, Manny wasn't even confident enough to fight Cotto at 147.

2. spydermex

spydermex Member

lol you consider mayorga, margarito, and yuri foreman (on a bum knee) very good fighters?

3. VanityHalfBlack

In the Margarito fight, going into the 10th, Cotto gassed out and he looked hurt... Margarito didn't have to use plaster for that... You can thank Manny for that eye... If it wasn't for that eye that Manny fuct up previously and being in NYC, Margarito would have gained momentum and hurt Cotto late in the rounds, no???

4. Dei

Dei Member

Yes. Is there reason for me to think otherwise?

5. Prince

Prince Member

cuz that's not her style.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Let's be fair here. Cotto never fought above the welterweight limit when he fought Manny. He came in at 146, in the Clottey fight before Manny and 152.5 for the catchweight fight at 153 against Margarito.

Well, yeah. Mayorga is a shot fight way past his prime, Yuri is just not that good and Margarito has got his ass beat ever since he was exposed for plaster.

Floyd will school Cotto. But at least theses match ups are fresh. Floyd fighting Cotto for the first time (few years late) and Manny is fighting Bradley, a young, hungry fighter who is not old or coming off a loss.

7. Dei

Dei Member

You're nitpicking here. Who do you think Cotto should have fought, then?

8. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Its gonna be another UD for Floyd Mayweather. He's not a knockout fighter, and thus his fights aren't very entertaining, but he's a very technical fighter that will beat anybody by points. And yes that includes Manny Pacquiao too...

9. Prince

Prince Member

big reason why his fight is not entertaining is because he likes easy fights
    because he cares too much about his being undefeated.

10. SunsRocketsfan

haha you are talking to Dei who is all over Floyd's jockstrap. He tries so hard and pretends to be objective and a fan of boxing but none of his points make any sense.

11. Dei

Dei Member

[​IMG]

I vividly remember whooping your ass.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

That's not the point. You said they were very good fighters, I disagreed. Sure, he put on good showings. But after watching those performances, It doesn't give me reason to think he has a chance against Floyd. Cotto at his best, was the Cotto before Plasterito. He's damaged goods now.

13. Dei

Dei Member

It's relative and your standards for very good seem to be above those big names so I'd like to know which fighters make the cut, if they even exist.

14. what

what Member

what what would be a hard fight? if he jumps up two classes of weight to fight martinez? gbafb

you are still boning for pac-mayweather. other than that mayweather is fighting quality guys: he fought ortiz who took out the guy that was SUPPOSED to challenge mayweather and pac - berto. Khan was beat by peterson, so he's damaged goods. Martinez needs to get real and fight a good fighter in his division, instead he's getting his belts stripped from him because he'd rather wait on a fight that isn't going to happen because he isn't in the same class.

Please enlighten me on a HARD fight for mayweather. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

btw- if cotto is an easy fight, then you might as well call mayweather the goat because there is no hard fights out there. If you mention pac i'm gunna lmao.

15. Prince

Prince Member

Ortiz was supposed to be a hard fight but Floyd cheated to make it easy for him.

Cotto is an easy fight for Floyd. you want to bet?

16. what

what Member

i never said floyd had my respect by the way he fights, but to act like he is ducking all of the hard fights is just plain wrong.

the 2 guys (both with tremendous speed in their hands btw) that everybody thought was going to beat mayweather lost to slower guys: berto and peterson. I guess speed don't always kill, does it?

as far as betting goes, i can't think of a more idiotic idea. if you want to beat money there is always vegas. prove to me that you are sure that floyd is going to have an easy win by betting 5 or 10 thousand dollars. i mean if it is a no brainer why not make that easy money.

17. Prince

Prince Member

i already placed a bet on Floyd. that's not the issue. if you really believe in what you think and saying, that's not idiotic to put money on it.

18. what

what Member

it's idiotic because it requires two people who don't know each other from adam to find a way to place a bet and get paid if they win. if you wanna bet, you can do it in vegas.

besides, are you going to give me the vegas odds +600 and you get -800

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

That's all they are, "big names". I understand that boxing is a business so I'm not going to say who he should have fought but I'll list fighters I think that are better than Margarito and Foreman. I'm leaving Mayorga out because he shouldn't even be fighting anymore. I'll even try to list guys with "names"....

Kirkland
    Canelo
    Angulo
    Austin Trout
    and I'll even throw Paul Williams in the mix

Again, after his last three fights, It doesn't make me come away thinking he has a good chance against Floyd. Those guys were tailor made for Cotto to get him back on track after losses to Margarito and Pacman. I also don't see how he's in better shape now? He's been damaged goods ever since the first Margarito fight.

20. Prince

Prince Member

i'm not expecting you to pay me but I'll ask you to put it to tipjar. Clutch can find you. ;)

you think it's not easy but you want the odds? the odds itself suggests that it's an easy win for Floyd. Cotto is a sitting duck!