1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CHUCK HAYES!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jan 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

[​IMG]

DAYYAM, came out of nowhere off the bench for 12 points and 13 rebounds! I bet JVG is kicking himself for not keeping him before the start of the regular season!

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Wel, at that time we had that Swift guy that was supposed to be pretty good... Whoops! Can't wait to see how Hayes does in game #3, though.

3. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Dude was great tonight. He did everything right expect the play at end of 1st OT.

4. KiMcHiStYLe

KiMcHiStYLe Contributing Member

Wow! I was truly amazed by his performance today. If he can keep this up, I see no reason why he shouldnt be kept around w/ the team. 13 Boards!!! OMG!!!!!

5. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

JVG only learns the hard way. you think he would have given Head a chance?

But back to Hayes. Very impressed. 2 clutch plays. one blocked shot, and one offensive rebound!

6. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

I believe he got hurt in preseason and that is why he was cut. I think I read that somewhere. Either way... I have had high hopes of him ever since I read that article that dick v. wrote about him. He sounded like a guy that hustled like ryan bowen but had a lot more upside.

We'll see...

7. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Chuck Hayes seems to have improved his offense game since the last time I saw him. He had some good post moves.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I know it's premature, but I can't help but hope this is sort of Ben Wallace type find. What a fantastic performance!

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NBDL Represent!!!

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Whoever said he wasn't a good defender wasn't watching the game. He defended his keester off.

11. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Come on, Ben Wallace type is way too far. Best case scenario puts Hayes as a Udonis Haslem type role player. That'd still be pretty sweet.

12. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Who said he wasn't a good defender. He was SEC Defensive player of the year last year.

13. GrapeJuices

GrapeJuices Contributing Member

I really do hope we keep him. If he keeps this up he'll for sure replace stromile swift. Where the heck did he come from one wonders.

14. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I'm a UK guy and always get excited when they do well in a Rocket uni.

It's not a common thing.

I hope Chuck keeps it up.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Somebody in the game thread.

16. rocketsmetalspd

CH might be a keeper. Let us see how he does in the next two games. Maybe his play will allow the Rockets make a serious move to acquire Artest or someone else?? The thing the Rockets have to trade is their number one pick, Stro, Da, and Moochie. Those are the only players the Rockets should give up.

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Guy looks like a keeper. The Chicago play by play guys were raving about Hayes. They also said that if the Rox decide that they can't make the playoffs they may keep Yao out for the rest of the season, if that happens they need to play guys like Hayes, Lucas and Head for the rest of the season.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's the Bulls. Rockets are a bogey team for them. Their frontcourt is also weaker since losing Curry and Davis.

19. iBelieve

iBelieve Contributing Member

he's only 6-6? not good for power forward though

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Ben Wallace was undrafted, played in the CBA I believe and was once cut by the Magic. Now, I understand that his story is uncommon and I didn't literally mean I expect Chuck Hayes to turn into THAT level of player. In fact, I didn't even make any kind of prediction. I just said I can't help but HOPE it was that kind of find. A guy nobody thought would play at a high level who becomes a key contributor to his team.