1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cincinnati vs #18 Houston (The Pursuit of Perfection)

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Nov 4, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

It might have been the first time I've actually had a positive thought about the school.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Should have been 22-40 or more, but our secondary gave them SO many answered prayers... jesus.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Face masks calls twice on fourth downs? Even great teams need some luck to win. Today the Cougars did.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Run the table and play Tcu in the fiesta bowl

5. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Luck is the ball bouncing off a receiver's foot into a DBs hands, not the other team committing penalties with undisciplined play.

6. Buck Turgidson

Luck is what you make of it...

Keep kicking ass, Coogs. I want to see yall in a seriously fun Bowl Game. SEC? USC? LSU?

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Memphis game 6p

8. PhiSlammaJamma

I can't say that we were the better team, but we did what we needed to do. So nice win!

I thought the secondary had good coverage generally just couldn't get their hands on the ball. That was a great ab out there.

The offense was very predictable and almost played a little too conservative, but gained about 4 yards a carry, so hard to question it, but so hard to maintain drives that take that many plays.

I think it was scary watching max coverage on the last drive, but it did work, and I think that although sending blitz after blitz worked well in the 2nd half, the 2nd to last drive it did not, so the change up was warranted. But scary.

It was frustrating not getting to the qb in the first half. He tore us up.

Overall the team made the big plays, and that's what champions do! On to Memphis. With only six undefeated left that bolds well for a playoff. If we can just be the last one I want to see them explain leaving us out. I don't think they will have the courage to leave us out.

Great win!

9. PhiSlammaJamma

The one thing I do worry about long term is that culturally UH has thrived on speed, and if Tom Herman is going to be run heavy, I truly wonder if he can get those types of recruits instead of the track athletes we've been accustomed to recruiting. I thought he would have been more pass oriented coming in but he's clearly a grind it out guy.

10. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

he runs a balanced spread offense. thats what ohio st. does as well.

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Herman's offense is tempo run.

I would almost say it virtually requires an athletic QB and nimble OL

Notice how we bog down in the red zone due to lack of size

I think we will overcome that in time

12. paulftsk

paulftsk Member

Any news on William Jackson?

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

The first call was very blatant, I thought that should've been an ejection.

Regardless, Cincy was lucky to even be in the game at the end. They got the luckiest INT you'll see and refs took a TD off the board due to a complete BS call leading to another INT.

14. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Yea and they also took away our game clinching touchdown on a PI that wasn't nearly a PI, what's your point?

15. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Oh they'll find a way to leave us out. They didn't even want to let Baylor/TSU in the playoffs, the last non-conference good team that they left out was Boise, so the chances of us making the playoffs undefeated is slim :/