1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Fun League vs Marshawn Lynch

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by joeson332, Jan 22, 2015.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It'll be hilarious in 10 years when Lynch is bankrupt and we look back at how much money he cost himself in fines

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The media stuff is dumb to me because the media folks get soooooo butthurt over it and us fans couldn't care less. I remember the 610 folks crying and crying about Foster not giving them answers to their dumbass questions. Bunch of losers. Go eat some pancakes and get over it.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

hey dont talk about John Mcclain like that.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Top comment says it all....

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

^^

please, Donny.

The guy has no problem gesturing at his penis in front of millions of people yet he can't answer a few questions from the media? Seems legit

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

totally different though

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Being able to stand up in front of a ton of people and play a guitar, sing, dance, play a sport, or victoriously grab your junk doesn't have much to do with social anxiety. Social anxiety is a pretty common trait in performers, actually.

9. likestohypeguy

The only problem I have with it is arbitrarily increasing fines. Speaking to the media may be part of your job, but there should be a set table of fines, how much more it's going to cost you each time when you don't. I don't like the "much more than $50,000 next time..." threats to force him into doing the "thanks for asking" session, the bare minimum he apparently has to do without getting fined.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Now. . . if Lynch comes out and says
    "Well .. . you know the Patriots are cheaters and the NFL has covered it up because. . well. . Vegas . . . so I told my friends that we will probably be cheated out of the Superbowl."

how many bricks will be ***** and how big will the fine be

Rocket River

11. Remii

Remii Member

I don't even understand why speaking to the media should even be part of a NFL player's job. The NFL no longer needs the media to promote their sport and a majority of these dudes give cliche statements anyway. If those players never said a word we would still watch football games and still set our fantasy lineups.

Ironically the NFL doesn't make the commissioner, GM's, and owners speak to the media when information from them is more important than from the players.

I wonder how much they're going to fine Brady for cheating compared to how much they fined Lynch for not speaking.

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Lynch is annoying. I actually think he being a media w**** by not speaking to the press. Everyone is talking about this guy not talking.

When you get chosen to play for an NFL team. You become a member of that team, and become part of the NFL. I understand, talking to the press is just marketing, and some players don't like it. But, talking to the media is part of the job. What players say before and after games generates intererest in the game and gets fans talking. Lynch needs to grow up and do his part in supporting the league for which he plays. It's in all the players best interest to help promote the league that enables them to become millionaires.

#12 Rip Van Rocket, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

watch the tapes bro, Lynch obviously isnt 100 in the head, he has some kind of serious anxiety when the cameras are on him.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I hate the NFL. They've ruined themselves for me through over-regulation of the game.

15. Remii

Remii Member

By not being cooperative with the media... Lynch has become one of the most talked about by the media.

How slick is that... Lol...

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm just here so I won't get fined. :grin:

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V5fVxxjIgSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I appreciate what Marshawn Lynch (and to a certain extent, Bill Belichick) did today at Media Day, if only because it moves us closer to my dream of Media Day going away completely.

I can't remember the last time something interesting was said at this "event." It's all trite cliches, manufactured "controversy," and the newest addition to the circus, the media members that are there only to cause a stir i.e. the guy that dresses up like a superhero.

18. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I couldn't give 2 ****s about the normal cliche'd responses given by athletes during interviews.

Beastmode not allowing the media or NFL to get their way is a million times more entertaining.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Definitetly

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It drives pregame shows, web traffic and buzz. Watching games isn't even close to their only revenue stream.

Team Beast Mode