1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should Terrence Williams replace in the rotation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 3, 2011.

?

Who should terrence williams replace in the rotation

1. Aaron Brooks

88 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. Courtney Lee

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Shane Battier

87 vote(s)
    31.5%
  4. Chase Budinger

93 vote(s)
    33.7%
  1. trugoy

trugoy Member

He plays PG SG or SF. We need his rebounding and defense, if he can score and pass that is a bonus.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Aaron Brooks.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Like every other player that joins the team new, he needs to prove himself in practice, then slowly in garbage, then into regular rotation minutes.

You don't just replace someone out of the blue, it's going to be gradual.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Brooks.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

After the hard wall vs. Washington, KM has not been shooting well (even FTs). I say, we sit him for a few games until he heals, and start CLee with TWill coming off the bench.

I think we can even play TWill as back-up PG. You know, RA, we just need players who know how to play. We don't need to run your offense all the time. In fact, I think teams have scouted us pretty well, by now.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm patient on this one... I don't feel a rush to get him in. I'd like to see him play but I understand the bigger picture. I'm confident a trade is going to open up the opportunity (fact is they have to make a deal of some kind before the deadline).

Also, the Rockets took their time with Landry and it worked and they did the same with Patterson and the early results are good.

Let Williams work his way on the team in practice and earn the time and let a trade happen to open the opportunity. Besides, if you benched anyone ahead of him, their value would theoretically go down. If he's not playing post-trade deadline, then I'd be a little concerned.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Getting Terrence Williams into the rotation is not going to be easy, because he's the kind of player that needs to dominate the ball. He's not like Courtney Lee or Budinger, where he can move off the ball and be a shooter off screens. That's not his game, but that's the sort of offense we go to with our wings. Adelman has shown willingness to adapt his offense to suit his players' skillsets, but asking him to do it midseason to accomodate a young second-year player when he's desperate to keep us in the playoff race is tough.

I don't see Williams getting significant minutes unless another player slumps horribly or gets injured. Another possibility is AB sits out to rest his ankle, and Williams gets minutes as a backup PG.

8. gah

gah Member

I'm hoping that trade comes soon rather than later.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This is the most likely scenario.

Brooks is just not healthy at all at this stage. His value is only diminishing the more he plays at this current level.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

No one. At least not yet.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's not gonna replace anyone on the rotation barring trades, in the same way that Patpat will be glued on the bench again once Chuck Hayes becomes healthy.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the voice of reason and logic.

Though as a fan, I want to see this guy play more. he seems exciting.

13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

All of the above.

14. Junebball

Junebball Member

Just curious, why traded for him then? Remember he cost us a first round draft pick.

15. PeppermintCandy

Well said. Giving Williams minutes may require a big change in the second unit's offensive schemes.

I 'm betting the defense would improve immediately if he took Budinger's place, though.

16. QPower

QPower Member

When is this supposed trade gonna happen?

If our goal is to make the playoffs, we cannot wait till Feb. 24th. By then, we will be so far out of the playoff picture that we will turn from buyers to sellers.

17. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

For now brooks.

If he is not quick enough and missing jumpers while not playing hard out there is not a advantage at least Twill won't make jumpers but can play better defense and try harder.

Seat Brooks until he is fully recover.

18. anchel

anchel Member

I understand this, but I also consider that if he's able to help the team more than other guys right now, he should play right now and period. I'm sorry for Adelman, I know it's a very tough decision to make, who do you take out of rotation, but if he's showing in practice that he really could help the team, he for sure should play.

We're competing for a playoff spot, we can't discard the opportunity just because it's a tough decision for Adelman to make. You're the coach and that's part of your job. To wait for a trade to make room for him, with Terrence being able to help til then, it would be not proffesional on the part of Rick.

And in any case I'd want to sound like another T-Will groupie, just see the situation like this.

19. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Most trades happen in the month of Feb.. thats when teams start panicking and such for players/picks/money.

20. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member