1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video Review

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Is useless if you have these guys watching it...

[​IMG]

I am talking about the flagrant 1 that they gave to Dwight after Dirk started to cry and whine to the refs.

Clearly it was just a hard foul. Dwight even got part of the ball despite getting plenty of arm.

Refs called a review after Dork called for it.

Everyone expected it to be called a common foul. Just as it was reviewed and called a common foul on the other end when Dwight was fouled.

Reviewed.

Ruled as a Flagrant.

Even the commentators were shocked.

Either its an agenda or the refs are completely incompetent. how do you get that call wrong after video review???!

You decide.

How do you get that call wrong after video review???!

Video Review!!!!

I mean Video Review!!!!!

By a team of three people who are supposed to know the rules!!!!!

#1 Zboy, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Definitely bull**** when you consider the hard foul dealt to Howard theyd just reviewed before. He got grabbed around the neck. Howard's play was on the ball.

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Stoudemire's foul on Howard should have been a flagrant if they considered Dwight's foul a flagrant. Stoudemire's was worse.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Referees are either incompetent or cheating. Simple as that.

5. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Mauer had to talk the other refs into the flagrant. He was working them for awhile. Don' think the bald ref was buying it.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

But Mauer gave us a make-up call just two seconds later. Weird.

7. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i loved howard's clap reaction. he couldn't gave played it any better. calls swung the rockets' direction from that point forward. haven't seen a momentum change like that in a while.

well played, howard. well played.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Bing!. Stoudemire didn't even go for the ball.... Oh we'll the nba will rescind that.

9. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I couldn't believe that flagrant foul. WTF is up with that? There is no valid explanation as to why that was called a flagrant. That was one of the worst calls in the history of the game, and they made it on a slow motion review.

I want to see another replay of that call.

10. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

All we ask for is consistency.

If Tyson and Amare can wrap up Dwight's neck, both arms come down on his shoulders, and push him down without getting called for flagrants than Dirk shouldn't get one when Howard swipes 95% of the ball but barely grazes his nose/face.

Get real refs

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Amen to that. It is one thing to miss a call. It's totally BS to make a bad call AFTER REVIEW. That was just so obvious.

12. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

It adds insult to injury when all the players & audience can see the errant call on one of the biggest sets of screens in the NBA. Like really? We saw the play the first time when you were wrong, and now I get to see in slow motion how turrrrible the call was. Why can't they rectify their error in judgement?

The NBA just needs to switch to some type of video refereeing. Get it right the first time, and allow for the game to be played as the rules have outlined. The risk of human error or bias is far too high to just keep doing what we've always done - sit at our computers and take it.

Alright, I'm done with that.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That was a legit moving screen by Tyson.

14. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

officials cannot ref dwight it is fact he gets killed and hacked and hit and it's never a flagrant. He commits a retaliation foul and it's nothing. It sucks

15. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The league has to rescind that flagrant. That was just ridiculous. I'm not sure if a running count of flagrants means anything like it does for technical fouls.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Neither foul was flagrant. Both players were going for ball. You have to look at intent and also understand that in the playoffs it's gonna be no blood no foul usually. (Unless Dwight is the one initiating contact it looks like. Sucks that they officiate him differently than any other player in the league.)

17. ipa

ipa Member

Isn't there a rule that if the foul ocurs over the shoulders (ie. neck), is an automatic flagrant?

I mean... that is BS! Amare's foul should have been a flagrant!

18. nemac

nemac Member

Since when can a player call for a video review? Because that's what I witnessed in this game :eek:.. and it was normal foul.