1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie]Live-action Justice League movie!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just caught wind of this one. It's a live action Justice League movie, with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and more. Isn't set to be released until 2010, but still, pretty awesome news.

First bit of news- the casting of Wonder Woman. An Aussie named Megan Gale. Never Heard of her, but here's a pic:

[​IMG]

There are tons of pics out there of her, including some NSFW poses. :D

Aintitcoolnews.com article

2. vincentt

vincentt Member

so is there gonna be the green lantern and if yes will he be black or white? :D

3. Xerobull

As of now, according to IMDB, yes, there will be a Green Lantern, and he is rumored to be played by Common, who is black.

IMDB Link

Megan Gale ... Wonder Woman

Common ... Green Lantern / John Stewart (rumored)

Teresa Palmer ... Talia Al Ghul (rumored)

Adam Brody ... Wall West aka The Flash (rumored)

Zoe Kazan ... (rumored)

Scott Porter ... Superman / Clark Kent (rumored)

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

megan gale has officially landed on my hot chick radar

5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

she's pretty hot but I always imagined wonder woman with a more athletic build and not a super model build.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So....I'm assuming Christian Bale and Brandon Routh will be in this?

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Nevermind, just reread xerobull's post. I think it's kinda weird to have two different actors playing superman at the "same time".

Adam Brody as the Flash? Michael Rosenbaum would have been a better choice.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

Megan Gale she found fame as a celebrity in Italy then all of sudden she became an instant celeb in Australia because of that fact. Australia, read Sydney is becoming too celebrity obsessed. I blame Rupert Murdoch.

George Miller hasn't made a good movie since Mad Max 2. He should stick to making dumb kiddy flicks... uh oh he's going to turn the JLA move into a dumb kiddy flick.

I guess she'll be playing Wonder Woman... not as sexy as Lynda Carter in her prime IMO.

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I am crossing my fingers that this thing stalls in development. So many of the decisons on this are really annoying to me.

The director is George Miller, who at one time was the awesome guy who directed The Road Warrior/Mad Max and Mad Max 2, but since has directed Babe Pig in the City and Happy Feet. Can I get a "WTF" on WB picking him to direct?

He's planning on casting extremely young. A rumor from some credible sources says that Batman in this is going to be played by a 21 year old no name, Armie Hammer.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2309517/

This guys most recent credit is "Abercrombie Boy" in movie called Spring Breakdown. :rolleyes:

So far the only casting choice I've agreed with is Adam Brody as the younger Wally West Flash (Barry Allen Flash will also be in it).

Common I tolerate, but he's not what I picture when I think of John Stewart.

The chick cast as wonder woman is hot as hell but she probably can't act.

There have been 2 scripts reviewed out there, not sure which one is the real script, one sounded reasonably good but it won't matter if you have the wrong director and cast.

The other sounded very much like it came out of the Golden Age, more like Super Friends than Justice League, potentially very campy and family friendly. I'm assuming that would be one of the reasons why they hired a guy who's last 2 movies were family films.

There was a rumor a while back that Miller wanted the Gyllenhals to cameo as the Wonder Twins. Also, in the campy version script, the bad guys are the Crime Syndicate of America, which is like an opposite version of the Justice League. Ultraman instead of Superman, Owlman instead of Batman etc...
    [​IMG]

I think the person I blame the most for this possible debacle is Bryan Singer. If he hadn't made such a boring Superman movie, the WB wouldn't have forced this movie into production because they had no confidence that another Superman sequel could make any money.

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

oh, also, there was a rumor early on that it might be motion capture, like Beowulf.

11. Xerobull

Really? I'm not big on that. I would rather see live action. Why cover up Megan Gale with CGI?

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

this will not end well.

might as well bring in micheal schumacher to direct.

"Wut keeled da dinosoors? De eece age!"

#12 macalu, Dec 3, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  13. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

The race car driver?

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

doh, that should be Joel Schumacher.

15. Angle02

Angle02 Member

The race car drivers cousin?!? :eek: jk :p

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I think the big plus on going 100% graphic is that you're effects are seamless and it's very easy to translate comic/animation to live action.

I agree that there are an alarming number of red flags in regards to this project.

Evan

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Very curious to see how this turns out but Megan Gale, um yeah I can live with that bit of casting.... ;)

18. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

[​IMG]

If it doesn't have the Wonder Twins. then I'm not going to see it...

19. University Blue

Will they include Firestorm -- the one with two guys merged into one body?

20. Xerobull

Oh, it has the Wonder Twins alright:

(mildly NSFW)
    Megan Gale, again:
    [​IMG]