1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chalupa or Gordita?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jenna, Jan 24, 2000.

1. Jenna

Jenna Member

I don't know why, but I was sitting in my Disease in Antiquity (the study of diseases throughout time - this is what I call a "for the hell of it" class) class this morning dreaming about a Nacho Cheese Chalupa. This dream led me to wonder, how many people like the Gordita and how many people like the Chalupa? How do you like it - Supreme, Baja, Santa Fe, Nacho Cheese? Ground beef, steak or chicken?

Hopefully I will soon return to my normal self - that major blowout last night totally shattered my mind....

------------------
    Jen
    Next round of Nelson vs. Malone: February 24 @ Reunion Arena

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Supreme Gordita with ground beef. I can't bring myself to pay extra for chicken or steak, especially when it probably really isn't chicken or steak.

Jenna, were you sitting behind the Miami bench last night?

3. Jenna

Jenna Member

Yes, Rocketman, I was. I was the girl in the white shirt choaking to death in the second quarter....

------------------
    Jen
    Next round of Nelson vs. Malone: February 24 @ Reunion Arena

4. PhiSlammaJamma

waaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuupppp

I never eat at Taco Bell. No reason, I just never eat there. Favorite fast foods....

Pizza-Uno-BBQ Chicken
    Drink-Gatorade-Whitewater
    Hamburgr- Whopper
    Fries- McDonalds
    Chinese Food- Orange Beef
    Flavor Ice- Blue
    Ice Cream - Reeses - Ben and Jerry

[This message has been edited by PhiSlammaJamma (edited January 24, 2000).]

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Chalupa with Chicken is muy bien.

uhm, did I get that right???

------------------
    Sir Charles is DA MAN.

6. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Rocketman95....
    what makes you think that's beef?

hahah

rockHEAD

7. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Muchaco.

------------------
    Proud Cheerleader 'til we move to New Orleans

8. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Give me five or six $.39 crispy tacos over both of 'em. (for about the same price)

What was the deal with Taco Bell raising the price of their Nachos Supreme from $.99 to $1.19. That's a 20.2% price increase! And I used to get them all the time. Now, I don't.

Is there anyone else out there who has to eat two to three packs of sauce with every Taco Bell item? I do. I have to eat about 2.5 packs for every taco and 3 packs for every burrito. Just imagine when I'm really hungry and I ask for like 25 packs of sauce. I've gotten more free food that way, when the employee decides that that is way too many sauces for me. I've also had to give the food back and get my money back a few time, because they would not give me enough sauces. Give me a break. I don't eat the meat because it tastes good. I eat it, because it's friggin' cheap. I can't eat the crap without totally drowning the horrible flavor with a bunch of sauce.

9. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I'd like an enchirito, a bean burrito with green sauce, a taco, and a tostato please.

Fire sauce tastes weird; mild sauce has no kick. Hot sauce is the bomb! and so is green sauce--especially since they started putting it in the little plastic to-go packets. (you still have to ask for it)

I like two packets of sauce on each taco, two and a packet of green sauce on each burrito, three on an enchirito, and FIVE on each tostado.

Things I miss: Taco Light (there wasn't anything light about it, but is sure was good: fried FLOUR tortillia, seasoned ground beef, sour cream, lettuce, cheese and tomato) beefy tostado (tostado with beef, sour cream, and tomato) Saucy burrito dinners (differing burritos served in a cardboard tray, and covered with sauce, cheese, and green onions--also served with a side of pintos and cheese and a regular taco) black olives on all the supreme items. Bell Beefer (on the original menu; seasoned ground beef, sauce and cheese on a hamburger bun)

If you want to save money at taco bell: Do you like burrito supremes at taco bell, but could care less about the sour cream and tomatoes? Buy an 89 cent bean burrito and a 39 cent regular taco. Open up the burito and dump the contents of the taco into it, and roll it back up. It will weigh about twice as much as a regular burrito supreme and cost less.

bon appetite!

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Viva Gorditas!

11. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

"Ya... I'd like a number 8 with Chicken Baja Gorditas with a Pepsi" (except at the Union, then it has to be a Coke due to the Aramark contract). "Thank you, drive around to the second window." This used to happen 5+ times a week in San Antonio b/c the best mexican food close to UTSA was Taco Bell. Not! [​IMG]
    Side note: The best Chinese food near UTSA is at HEB on De Zavala.

------------------
    There can be only one...

12. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Pole,

Did Taco Bell ever have the "Combo Burrito" in your area? It was just a bean burrito with beef too!! AND, they only cost $.99. I always got sour cream on 'em for $.25 more. But, now the Bells in my area don't sell them anymore. They were the best.

I miss the black olives on the 'supreme' items too.

I've never heard of a 'Bell Beefer'.

Do you remember about 6 or 7 years ago when Taco Bell changed the way they made their 'Mild Sauce'? I used to love the old mild sauce. I think the 'Hot Sauce' has always sucked. And I like the 'Fire Sauce' on burritos. I like the chunks of jalapenos and other veggies in the fire sauce.

Oh yeah!! Do you remember the 'Steak Tacos'? The old ones? They were awesome too.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

13. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Sure, I remember the combo burrito. They will still make them for you, but it will cost you. You just have to ask for a bean burrito plus beef (and sour cream in your case).

I had to do the same thing for a few years when most of the taco bells stopped making enchiritos. I had to tell them how to make them (they always had all the makings), and they would usually charge me for a soft taco plus beans with extra cheese.

Jeez. I've eaten there way too much.

14. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

I personally prefer a Gordita with Nacho cheese on the side and ground beef. I went to a Texas-style restaurant yesterday, and the steak fajita's I had were just excellent. I'm not sure of the authenticity of the place I went to here in Toronto (Armadillo), but it was awesome.

Pole,
    it seems after every food-related post I read of yours, I gain an extra 10lbs! Damn, you have a way with those words! I haven't gone to Taco Bell in ages after hearing the awful stories through people (many of which worked there) but you and DREAMer single-handedly may send me back there!

DREAMer, man I always thought I was stingy, but you make me feel like a free-spending fool!

If u guys truly like spicy food, you should try some Indian food - that makes Mexican food seem almost dry. But u have to go to the right place to truly enjoy it.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    No guts, no glory, no brain, same story.

15. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Want spicy but oh so good? I'll take a bowl of Kimchee and rice any day of the week. Throw in some bulgolgi or bulkalbi, some chopchae, and lots of ponchan, yes! Majisah! (Delicious in Hangul)

------------------
    There can be only one...

16. BeamUsUpScottie^^^33

I wouldn't know. I haven't eaten in a Taco Bell since good ol' Will told us a story last year about what's really<i/> in those things(i think he said he used to work in a Taco Bell). It was a delightful story, but it took away form the delight of ever eating a gordita or chalupa. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by BeamUsUpScottie^^^33 (edited January 29, 2000).]

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Aaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

18. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Weird bump, but this was hilarious.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member