1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey interview on sr610

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Dec 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. worzel gummidge

2. Serg300

Serg300 Member

Thanks for posting. It's always interesting to hear what Daryl has to say.
    Wow he really did say no player is untouchable. :eek:
    It's surprising to hear but that how he has to think if he is always wanting to upgrade the team.
    Too bad Von is hurt, but he did say there is a possibility if him still coming back.

3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

thanks for the post! Missed the interview this morning... i had to switch over to the other station to listen to Matt n Adam...i cant stand John Lopez..

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Morey said Chase Budinger will be back this week!

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Not even our beloved General manager 'Morey' can give an honest upfront reply. His conscience must be hurting him! As fans we should demand the truth!
    No player is untouchable!! Is this the first move telling us to expect round two when Yao Ming Comes back!!:p

#5 Yetti, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

hmm i like the nickname "the architect" for DM

7. rockets_fanatic

You can tell Morey doesn't like to be honest. I have a feeling I was wrong the whole time and he and Adelman wanted to get Tracy to want to leave.

Is it DM just keeping his cards close to his chest, or trying to keep Tracy as the bad guy. I think and hope it is the first one.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Do you uh, honestly expect a team sports general manager to be candid about personnel? How about any of the management, including coaches, owners, other front office folks, to be candid about personnel? For any team. C'mon, honestly?

Here is the uh, honest truth: McGrady will be an ex-Rocket. When? Might any two (or more) of: Bulls/6ers/Knicks/Kings/Wolves/other enable a 'bidding war' for the guy's services? We can but honestly hope. Honest.

1 person likes this.
  9. rockets_fanatic

That is why I wondered. Is he keeping his cards close to his chest or was he afraid to say, "No. It didn't matter if Tracy agreed or disagree with playing limited minutes. We were going to try and get rid of him anyway."

10. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Morey is actually a little more forthright than other GMs, those that I've heard in interviews. He tells what he can.

When asked if the Rockets were hot on any current trade proposal, he paused and stated, "Uh, no, there's really nothing pending right now." Now, that's either true, OR, he has an idea what he wants to do but can't divulge details or make the trade immediately. Doesn't really matter.

He spoke at length about how you size up other teams' needs and GMs, who you have a rapport with, how to get an idea when other GMs are playing you or trying to get more out of you.

It's a good interview.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It's actually better to say "no player is untouchable" than it is to go down the dangerous road of specifying who is and who isn't. That'll lead to bruised egos quickly. And to be honest? It's true. Unless you are a top 15 player in this league, leading your team to the playoffs, have at least a few years left in your prime, and being a reasonably decent teammate.....you are available for trade if the right offer comes along.

Evan

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

And don't forget to add contract considerations to that.

14. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

In Morey we Trust!!!

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Then you are an idiot. :(

16. echu888

echu888 Member

I hear Isaiah Thomas is available... has anyone ever thought to let him be a GM? I bet he would be awesome. Let's fire Morey and get Zeke instead!

17. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

You've already proven that you are with your previous thread.