1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aminu Is Impressive for Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by solid, Feb 10, 2015.

1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

LOL, Charlie V had couple of good games but that's about it.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LOL, you know you're desperate when you're relying on Aminu.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

When you're giving guys like Aminu, Villanueva, and the corpse of Richard Jefferson significant minutes in a game, you know your bench is atrocious. Aminu has always been blessed with good athleticism, but he's never been able to bring any kind of consistency to his game. One night, he'll impress you with 10 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 blocks. The next night, you'll be lucky if he gives you half of that. He is what he is, which is a semi-decent 8th or 9th man.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

If you think Aminu was brought in to help add to the Mavs offense and that they determine how good he has been solely by virtue of his ppg on that team then you probably don't know much about Aminu, the Mavs or why they signed him. Hint: It wasn't for his inconsistent offense. I definitely didn't say his offense is why he has been good so far for the Mavs. Maybe I should change good to decent.

No sir, I missed the Mavs last visit to H-town and I haven't been up to Dallas for a Mavs game this season so I have no deets. Hopefully I can head up there in the next month and find out what Mr. Aminu has learned from Parsons.

EXACTLY. Thank you sir.
    He was brought in to hold the fort at the backup 3 position and try to develop some consistency in his game. He still has a ways to go.
    This thread is definitely a bit much and not necessary.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

His FG%, 3PTFG%, playing time, scoring, are all lower than last year, if you really want to praise his defensive ability, how many games he was staying on the floor in crunch time to lock down the opponent stars?

6. errpac

errpac Member

The reason you guys should pay attention to him is he will be available this off-season and mavs won't have a lot of money to re-sign him when they already have to deal with Monta, Tyson, and rondos contract. He might be available on the cheap and it will be a pretty big by troll move by Morey to get him back on less then half the cost of Parsons. lets see how he plays through the season.

7. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Uh you do know he doesn't start for them right? He is about the 8th guy off the bench and has been from the start. The starting small forward is Chandler Parsons if you weren't aware. They didn't bring in Aminu to "lock down the opponent stars". They brought him in to get some good defensive play from the 3 position (or 4) from the bench. If his shooting % got better then that would be a bonus for Carlisle and the Mavs. They got him for rebounds and defense and hope(d) his shooting % especially from 3 would get better so he could be a good 3 and D player. Right now he is still more D than 3. I think Cuban, Donnie and Carlisle are ok with that atm.

9. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

Curious does he lose minutes if the Mavs do get ama're like I have been reading all over the place? From what I have seen he has been backing up Dirk at PF and I am assuming that is what Ama're would do.

10. gigantism

gigantism Member

They're looking at Amar'e and Jermaine O'Neal to shore up their terrible big man depth. I think they're okay with rolling with Aminu and RJ as their bench SFs.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yea I'm confused, he's only had 5 games this season where he's scored more then 10 points, and only 2 games where he cracked double digits on rebounds out of 50 games played.

His stats are the definition of a role player off the bench.