1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL players in the wrong system

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tinman, Oct 5, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watching the Raiders game, I felt that Darren McFadden wasn't being used correctly in that offense. This reminds of Randy Moss stuck in Oakland, then 'all of the sudden" he's the best wide out again with the Patriots.

I think McFadden would be a good replacement for Westbrook in Philly.

Of course, an certain #10 in Nashville. Put that guy in Miami with the wildcat and that team will lead the league in rushing.

TO in Buffalo. Trent Edwards sucks. TO with the Vikings and Favre, that would be ratings bonanza.

Any others come to mind?

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Russell is in the wrong system. Put him in a buffet line, and he looks great.

2 people like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Vince is about to get a 2nd chance at his career...IMO....Kerry Collins is back to being garbage...

DD

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He would be great in a javelin contest.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:D Awesome. Nice one, sir.

I disagree, DaDarkOne. Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell belong in the same buffet line BigBenito brought up. :p

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He has always been garbage, surprised the titans stuck with him. Tim for VY the great to come back and leadership punch his team into shape.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I know people talk about how fat Russell is, but he's a lot more athletic than Schaub and a lot of other QB's. Too bad he's not accurate, he throws a pretty pass. Just doesn't go wher its supposed to.

As far as McFadden is concerned, why would you say he's like Westbrook. That dude is a tailback, he just hasn't produced. He's not a scatback like Westbrook, he's damn near half a foot taller than Westbrook

8. tinman

Supporting Member

VY is way more athletic than Russell. Russell is slowwww.

9. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

VY would be perfect for Miami.

I'm not sure any QB can do anything in Tennessee right now with Fisher as the coach. Not a Collins fan but that team has the must unimaginative game plans of any team in the league.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

he's just as fast as Westbrook and he's versatile.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I agree with your assessment on Russell and Young, Mr. tinman.

Jamarcus is in the wrong system. He should be in a system where he doesn't have to learn anything. He tried a fourth down by passing into double coverage. FAIL. Even I knew that wasn't the receiver to whom he should have thrown.

Sprowles would fit great playing with my Texans. He is small enough to fit into the holes our offensive line creates :(. That's what she said!

1 person likes this.
  12. famicom

famicom Member

You mean Dodgeball League?

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

he's a tailback, its like arguing adrian peterson should be like westbrook. westbrook's lack of size helps him, darren is too big to play that role

14. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

I don't think the titans are THAT desperate just yet.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I don't think McFadden could replace Westbrook. I think Westbrook is leaps and bounds better in the receiving game and has better hands. The Eagles are a 60-40 team, they run only 40% of the time one of the lowest averages in the league. In my opinion, McFadden is a guy who should be running like Peterson up in Minnesota. You put him behind a decent line or at least something that is better than Oakland's and I'm sure he would produce.

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

0-4 after 13-3? I'd say they need to start getting desperate if not to salvage this season at least to see where they are headed in the future.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

His OLine wasn't given him enough protection. it is hard to say if he had better protection that his accuracy would be better as well.

Russell even with limited OLine protection did have several passes dropped by his receivers. Al Davis drafts receivers for their speed and not their hands.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

really? i think they absolutely are that desperate.

they need to find out if VY will ever be anything for them. they now have an 0-4 season with an aging QB who is CLEARLY not the future of the franchise at that position.

if you're ever going to give VY some room to see if he can become what you drafted and spent money on him to become, it's this season.

19. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I think he's only talking about McFadden. I'm not even sure what to say about Russell.

As for McFadden, I completely agree. I think he's not able to push to the corners with what was given to him. The O-Line consistantly gave penetration that has runners backing up to avoid a tackle before turning a corner. As for creating holes between the line, that's not even possible.

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Russell's biggest problem is that he's extremely turnover prone. He doesn't protect the football which is why he's always getting stripped. Also, he tends to get impatient, and gun the ball into triple coverage resulting in frequent INTs.