1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Nets pick to the Celtics this year is completely unprotected

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sydeffect, Nov 7, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

i assume. they have someone's 1st round pick in 2017 otherwise they cant trade away consecutive 1st rounders, right?

2. OpenLayup-Why3?

It should always be like that, because that's how it is in real life.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

no it shouldn't...don't be ridiculous. Are you saying in real life the rich get richer, and it is best for sports, too? You sound like a Yankees fan.

It's pretty clear among every sport we don't want to follow real life where the rich get richer every year.

You are such a simpleton...

4. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Very interesting info...how does that GM keep his job?

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Boston has the right to swap 1st round picks in 2017 with the Nets, which seems about 99% likely to happen.

1 person likes this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'd need depression hotline numbers if I was a Nets fan

7. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

You didn't even mention the fact that Celtics already MADE the Playoffs in the post-Rivers coaching era, while Philly has top-10 picks in Noel, Okafor, and Embiid (who still hasn't played a game due to those foot injuries).

8. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I know it's a different sport, but like this guy in Southern Oklahoma?????

[​IMG]

9. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Exactly. Lol.
    He should be fired for the trade with the Celtics AND the trade that lost them a chance at Lillard. But if he made those trades due to Prokorov telling him to, then Prokorov should just do like Jerry and just go ahead and run things.

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Billy King:

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Celtics will own Nets for the years to come. Such a disastrous move forced by the owner, then gutted the team after it didn't work out. SMH

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's going to take a real creative GM (Morey) to get out of the hole the Nets are in. Billy King is an idiot and does not have a competent scouting department to get him out of this mess. They are going to need to attempt to buy 2nd round picks for the next few years and hope that some pan out where they can turn it around and start moving up somehow.

They really don't have any valuable assets right now. Brook is damaged goods. I don't even know the rest of the roster.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

you don't need to know the rest, joe johnson is the future in this league.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If I'm them, I'd just throw as much money as possible on mediocre talent for 2 year deals so that at minimum they tread water and prevent Boston from accumulating top 3 picks.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I normally don't believe in "fire sales" but this is an exception. Their roster is a pile of trash except for 2-3 guys.

They will likely be 0-11 sometime next week and possibly end up 0-18 or 1-17 to start the season.

Not have their own 1st round draft choices for the next 3 years guarantees they will be the Sixers for a while.

16. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

didnt michael jordan turn down this pick plus multiple others to draft frank kaminsy

17. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Celtics were offering up to 4 first round pics because they really wanted justice Winslow before Miami could draft him. Not sure if brooklyn pic was included. Regardless, Jordan turned it down because he really wanted frank kaminsky. Nice of Jordan to take time between holes on the golf course to turn down that offer.

I would have accepted that offer with a quickness.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The GM is guilty of abetting this tragedy, but it really is on the owner on this one.

As for digging out though, I don't think the lack of draft picks will be killer. It certainly doesn't help. But, if they take the pain for a year or two of clearing out their cap space, they can start the process with free agency.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ban OP!

20. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Interesting information. Thanks OP for sharing.