1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newsflash: Lazy, 'selfish' players don't get 9 assists and 7 rebounds

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a711, Nov 29, 2015.

1. a711

a711 Member

It's unbelievably pathetic what some Rockets 'fans' here think.

He's having a bad start to the season, shooting-wise. This is known. But to try and act like he's a selfish ballhog is ****ing hilarious.

Only on Clutchfans.

2. a711

a711 Member

Some of you deserve a star player who gives you absolutely nothing on the nights where his shot isn't falling.

Kevin Martin or even worse.

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I'm going to guess you just looked at the Box Score.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. a711

a711 Member

No. I watched the entire game.

I'm guessing you focused only on the plays when Harden tried to create his own shot (like he also did last year with great results? He ALSO creates shots for his teammates, over and over and over and over and over again). Whether they fall or not (with his teammates, they don't, this year or last year, very often) is a different matter.

You're simply not sharp.

5. basketballholic

Harden has made a concerted effort to get the ball to Dwight the last couple games. I can tell the difference.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Anytime James misses someone will say why didn't he pass that? lol Harden does a lot of one on one but he's usually more reliable than the rest of our guys unless one of them decides to contribute. Capela always contributes that's why him and Harden have good chemistry. He might be able to pass more but I think history so far this season has taught him not to.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Harden definitely settled for too many jumpers tonight . However, the effort on defense was there and that is huge . James had an off night , it happens . He still brought good effort and our role players finally picked up the team for a W . This might be the rockets first TEAM win of the season . James grinded this one out and did enough to produce some offense for the team . Sure if James attacked then maybe he is more efficient, but maybe he doesn't conserve enough energy to hustle defensively .

8. a711

a711 Member

He can't attack as much because the entire plan against the Rockets this season is to pack the paint.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

been doing it longer than the last two games. But at least you're noticing now, since our screen-grab showdown. :p

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't know about lazy or selfish, but he doesn't look like the Harden of last year.

Either by the eye test or statistically, big dropoff

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Turns out he has a cold and had to receive and IV after the game.

12. basketballholic

You showed nothing but Howard's ineptness to create offense. We've already known that son. That wasn't even the point.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's had a cold most games this year?

14. heypartner

You see. I wasn't trying to prove something. I was being objective and showing anything we do with Howard. Whereas you posted single snapshots of incorrect interpretation to build your conspiracy.

My objectivity is just more sound than yours. That's what I proved. As for Howard and Harden: You should go back and re-watch all the games since the firing, with your new found objectivity and open eye. The team and Harden have been getting Howard involved. One thing you have to understand, is your focus on Harden also misses the fact that JB often runs plays with Harden and Howard on opposite sides, to provide both strong side and weak side options. That's what coaches do. But regardless, Harden has not ignored Howard like you claim.

And now you are seeing it.

15. mingthething

mingthething Member

In b4 someone brings up MJ's flu game

16. heypartner

Flu-like symptoms is a euphemism for having a hangover. :p He was in NYC on a Saturday night.

17. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

You seriously don't think he pounded the air out of the ball in the 4th quarter?

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This response is so elaborate! he always comes around 2 or 3 weeks later :) you just have to let them figure it out in their own sometimes. Like kids in a way.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

I've never called him selfish or a ball hog. But watching him dribble out the shot clock while everyone else stands around watching is not good. I don't mind the ISO plays when he's on his game. But when he has a night like tonight, I wish we could do something different. The team as a whole needs to address this. Coaches and players.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

only 2 turnovers as well